Cupra Message

Asd

Mar 19, 2024
Hi hope yall are well!
Well so I have a brand new Cupra hybrid (245) and I haven’t charged it almost at all, well at least not recently.
Today On my way to work I have had this message popping in&out quite a lot. What is that?
“High voltage battery is drained, please charge now”

Attachments

• IMG_5647.jpeg
    IMG_5647.jpeg
    234.5 KB · Views: 69

fpdoc0697

May 22, 2021
The high voltage battery is the lithium hybrid battery. Charge it so you're not driving around with a heavy battery pack and no gains to MPG!

Asd

Mar 19, 2024
The high voltage battery is the lithium hybrid battery. Charge it so you're not driving around with a heavy battery pack and no gains to MPG!
Hi thanks for the answer. Unfortunately can’t charge it as I don’t have station near at the moment. But how do I get rid of the popping message every few moments?

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
I don't think you can turn it off (but then I've never seen it). Turn the regen on High and find a steep hill to drive down?

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
I have no clue what that means lol. Please explain
Sounds like you need to RTFM, or work your way through the Infotainment screen to set the Regeneration to High (how hard the car 'brakes' and charges the battery when you take your foot off the throttle), and set the Battery reserve to 20% so that the car uses the engine to charge the battery as you're driving along (not normally recomended as an inefficient use of fuel).

CupForm

Aug 26, 2023
Bucharest, RO
I have no clue what that means lol. Please explain
Ok, it's not the regeneration setting that you need to tackle, but the "Battery manager" setting you need to adjust.
That might make the message disappear; I'm not sure, since I never saw it on my car (but I charge daily - that might be an explanation).
However, what you need to know after all those replies in this topic, is that YOU CAN charge your car using the ICE. Just have a look at the pictures...
First, go into battery manager settings - first picture.
Then, under on the "hybrid" icon (see where my finger is pointing on the second picture) click that "user settings" button. Once you've clicked that, you will be able to adjust the battery level that you want to get, or to reserve for later (if you already had a full battery and you don't want it to go down to 0%). When you are able to EDIT battery level, the 3 symbols (left arrow, equal, right arrow) under the battery (see 2nd picture) will allow you to edit the desired level.
Since you are already on empty battery, just click once or twice to set a battery level to be charged while driving using the petrol engine. Ideally, you would wand to charge while on highway or outside the city - that's more efficient than in-town charging.

Hope that helps... Reading the manual also helps :giggle:

27B7A75A-5EB2-4A72-9C6B-8F336A67AFB7_1_105_c.jpeg

5D5E1AE3-1DA8-4298-912B-BB9A29A1E3C6_1_105_c.jpeg

Reactions: LetsForment

CupForm

Aug 26, 2023
Bucharest, RO
Sure, I know what you mean; however under normal circumstances one won't be able to significantly increase the battery SoC only from strong regen. It happened that I got about 30% SoC increase going down the mountain from ~2.000 meters altitude - but that's a very particular case.

Reactions: LetsForment
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.