Cupra stalling!

h2xby

Bananaman
May 18, 2005
durhan, North east
www.fotki.com
When i was out today while driving along my car's revs would just die and i would stall! When i stared back up it would mis fire and run eratic and just cut back out! eventually it will run again by revving it! Can anyone shed any light?

flashbsd

boost leak by sounds of things, has an intercooler pipe popped off? or loose?

Or coilpack failure
or MAF failure
or n75 problem

LOl just a few possibilities, you got vag-com?

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
Olly20vT had the same symtoms i think when the turbo intake pipe popped off! EPC light came on too. Gave pretty much the same symtoms as coil pack failure.

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
h2xby said:
When i was out today while driving along my car's revs would just die and i would stall! When i stared back up it would mis fire and run eratic and just cut back out! eventually it will run again by revving it! Can anyone shed any light?

Well i was going to say coilpack but in my experience it was the air filter not being fitted properly :blink:

h2xby

Bananaman
May 18, 2005
durhan, North east
www.fotki.com
The coilpacks have been changed under warrenty about 6 months ago, The maf is only a few months old! Ive put my standard airbox back on and took it to the dealer when ive finished work!

Another thing i never mentioned that the tcs light was stuck on too and when the light went off thats when it wouldnt start! Hope they can get it sorted! I need vag-com and a laptop!!!

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
h2xby said:
The coilpacks have been changed under warrenty about 6 months ago, The maf is only a few months old! Ive put my standard airbox back on and took it to the dealer when ive finished work!

Another thing i never mentioned that the tcs light was stuck on too and when the light went off thats when it wouldnt start! Hope they can get it sorted! I need vag-com and a laptop!!!

Thats what the TCS light did on mine when my air filter came off but have heard that coil packs do the same and can go any time and frequently?

flashbsd

MAF sensor i bet, I had it when my MAF was dodgy, and CupraTGirl when her air filter fell off :doh:

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
I had my MAF replaced recently and the only sign i had was my Engine Management Light was on on my dash, it wasnt cutting out on me?

I suppose different cars may react differently?

h2xby

Bananaman
May 18, 2005
durhan, North east
www.fotki.com
It cant be the maf its less than 2 month old! If it is i wont have a warenty as i bought it from a mate! It sounds like its an air leak somewhere then! I wish id read this before i took it to seat! Just to check pipework! Hmm i will let you know what they say!

If it were a pipe leaking! How would that to cause the tcs light to be on?

Justcraizy

Jan 17, 2006
90% coipack error -> I have changed them twice already
10% maf error
especially when the light appeared in the dash.

If the coilpack is dead then your car raises RPM till 4000 very hard, after that it goes better. You can also listen to your exhaust, it is the best diagnostic tool for understanding whether one cylinder is not working. :)

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
You'll know if its a coilpack as the car will stink of sulpher and run very lumpy. I've had five coil packs go on mine and the car did'nt stall once.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.