Custom Map Retention after Battery Replacement?

Marky_R1

Aug 31, 2016
Hello all!

My 2013 Leon FR Technology 1.8 TSI needs a new main battery and I'm inclined to believe I need to pay a dealer/garage to do this, due to the stop/start system and ECU coding etc. Please could someone also confirm if I am likely to lose my custom MAP for the ECU? I don't have a copy of the map and don't really want to have to get it installed again or drop back to standard boost and power if avoidable. Does the map sit in non-volatile memory? I'm hoping it does...

Thanks in advance for any advice!

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I'd expect any/all dealer/garage to fit a "support" unit to any modern car before starting to replace a battery, to me that just is the way to do things like that, so no loss of any volatile will occur.

I'd also guess that the custom map has overwritten the factory map in non volatile memory, so the only time that you could lose it is if a main dealer etc connected your car to SEAT mothership to check-fit S/W updates. So make sure that they don't try that trick, my car has a physical lock on the OBD2 port so that will never happen to me without my consent.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.