CV joint blown

Sri Ryan

Hello, :)

I'm going to get abused and told to search, but I'm currently on the side if the road waiting for the AA, I seem to have popped my drive shaft and blown a cv to bits,

I was wonder while I wait 80mins, how much am I going to have to fork out, what's best?

Take it to a garage or get 2 of the boys to do it for me? :)

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Luck of the draw im afraid fella, time you posted etc, soon goes off the radar when people look at new posts etc.

Hope you got it sorted.

Sri Ryan

what's blown? the inner or outer ?

Inner I'm afraid. :( bad times. And what makes it worse is that one of the bolts has snapped inside the thing majig, (don't know the name) but an extra £50 for a part, :(

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
i done mine myself m8 i paid 50 odd quid + surcharge of 70 pound for the outer bit but not sure how much the inner bit is tho quite easy 2 do once u take the whole thing off,

also seen u down clydach market u was parked next 2 a clio sport i was parked in the other part car looks good m8 prefer the stripped out interior.

have u still got your other bonnet? fancy sellin it 2 me lol

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
hope you get it sorted mate. sorry to hear about it. and the drive shaft and cv are very easy to change. just a load of spline bolts. also as for the one that has snapped it should be easy enough to drill out once everything is removed. give me a shout if you get stuck. you got my number

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
Is this because of how low u are ryan lol?

why would it have something to do with how low he is?

or are you thinking along the lines of extra tenison on the drive shafts because of the angle?

cos i think there is ppl on here that are lower than what i was/ what ryan is now

45_CB

Back in the Cupra again
Oct 8, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
why would it have something to do with how low he is?

or are you thinking along the lines of extra tenison on the drive shafts because of the angle?

cos i think there is ppl on here that are lower than what i was/ what ryan is now

Yeah I know when I had my corsa B my mates was ever so slightly lower and used to pop driveshafts out! :think:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.