Debadging the letters - opinions?

Zappa

Mar 19, 2010
Is it difficult to remove the letters? It may look nice and clean..have any of you done this?

If I decided down the line to sell the car, is it hard to put the letters back on?

May 22, 2009
South Wales
hey! loads have! it looks better in my opinion! and its easy to do! hair dryer, credit card and some polish and your done!

IMG00081-20100131-1646.jpg

Jun 24, 2007
durham
would buy them again as some of the letters are a bit fragile just be carefull not to scratch the paint when removing them de wiper finishes the back of nicely too
car004-1.jpg

Zappa

Mar 19, 2010
Come to think of it, I would very rarely use mine...does it affect your insurance? lol..

Zappa

Mar 19, 2010
Think i'll be a big scaredy cat and leave mine on. Looks nice though!

andrewmill

alright guys, see when you de-badge the letters does it take the paint off or is there a knack to it coz was thinking bout replacing mine and what do you stick them back on with cheers

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
alright guys, see when you de-badge the letters does it take the paint off or is there a knack to it coz was thinking bout replacing mine and what do you stick them back on with cheers

You have to be pretty brutal to take the paint off with the stickers, but there is a bit of a risk of scratching the paint if you use anything too sharp. I used to use a screwdriver covered in insulation tape, but a fellow SCN'er recommended dental tape, which sounds like a good idea to me. A bit of heat from a hairdryer to loosen the the glue is also a good idea.

Double sided tape will get them back on again. Or buy new ones...

mazzerati

Bags are for groceries!
Jun 27, 2008
Beverley, East Yorkshire
Yer it's fine long as you wash it off well afterwards and don't go mad with it :p
petrol is just as bad to be fair. Does the job tho pal!

Don't know if it's illegal alot of beamers don't come with them as standard so it should be olrite. Goes through mot with them off too so it can't be.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Yer it's fine long as you wash it off well afterwards and don't go mad with it :p
petrol is just as bad to be fair. Does the job tho pal!

Don't know if it's illegal alot of beamers don't come with them as standard so it should be olrite. Goes through mot with them off too so it can't be.

I'm fairly sure the rear wiper isn't checked on the mot, I'm also fairly sure you can completely black out the rear window as long as you have both wing mirrors.

Jun 24, 2007
durham
I'm fairly sure the rear wiper isn't checked on the mot, I'm also fairly sure you can completely black out the rear window as long as you have both wing mirrors.

yep people but black out fim on ther rear or there vans which completly blocks it of so nothing wrong with it

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.