Dicko90’s Exeo ST Progress Thread

Dicko90

Feb 14, 2017
Hi I have owned the car for over a year now so should really start a progress thread as I’ve done with all previous cars. Previous cars include 3 MINI Cooper S’s (2 hatch 1 Clubman), Yaris T Sport, 2 Corsa’s and a Yellow Fiat Seicento Sporting :D. I’ve always modified and put my own touch on each car. Mods wise I haven’t done too much on the Exeo would have loved to have gone all out but the arrival of a little bundle of joy changes everything half the reason we bought this car :) So far it’s being a pleasure to own easily achieves 50+mpg on a long run, it’s always filled with V Power diesel as I’m a big believer in good quality fuel to help with keeping things clean. Anyway.....

Spec:
62 Reg Exeo Sport Tech 2.0 TDi 143bhp Facelift
LED Xenon Headlights & LED Rears
Winter Pack (heated seats, motors & washer jets)
Sat Nav
Bluetooth
Bose
Climate Control
38500 (Current Mileage)

Mods done so far:
A4 Plenum & Battery covers
Genuine SEAT Heavy Duty Boot Liner
Darkside Developments Fully Mandrel Bent & Tig Welded DPF Back Straight Through Exhaust With Oem Style Tips
Heko Wind deflectors (we’re short lived the rears kept falling out and they made far too much wind noise at motorway speeds so came off)
Debadged

Maintenance done:
Genuine VAG Cambelt & Waterpump fitted
Oil & Filter Change using Quantum 5w30 fully synthetic
Fuel filter, air filter, pollen filter, brake fluid change.

Future plans:
Wheel refurb or new wheels
May lower it on Coilovers or Spring & shock kit
Remap with DPF/EGR Delete (only if I ever have DPF issues)
Boot Spoiler like the S Line one

Pictures

Video
https://youtu.be/eZXHhjiORGQ

Before

After

Thanks
Nick

Last edited:

Jay1601

Feb 23, 2018
Audi A4 Sline/S4 is a straight fit just need to cut the mounting lugs off and bond (tigerseal) tinthe boot

adam23

Jan 10, 2008
Sweet looking motor mate... Might be in the market for one of these myself however not many low mileage examples around.

Reactions: Dicko90

Dicko90

Feb 14, 2017
End of an era the Exeo was sold on Thursday ended up getting £7.5k which was 2k more than any dealer was offering!! Was a no brainier for us, unfortunately the Exeo prices are plummeting as good as they are to drive and very reliable I’m one for changing my car quite frequently so made sense to cash in why I could.

Still currently looking for a replacement was originally set on a 3 Series M Sport E91 touring but having researched them the chain engines seem more hassle than it’s worth. So I’ll probably be sticking with VAG something along the lines of a A6 Avant C6,B8 A4 Avant or maybe even a Passat CC but could be tight with the pram and all the gear.

Anyway I’ll probably be a little quieter on here from now on but I’ll be sure to post with which car we eventually choose.

Nick

Dicko90

Feb 14, 2017
Cheers Lads, I had been getting itchy feet for a while wanting to change but when getting offered 5.2k-6k for a 6 year old car with just over 40k on the clock, FSH etc it was looking like I’d be running it into the ground rather than taking a big hit! Thankfully gumtree saved me, the chap who bought it already owned an Exeo saloon so was familiar with them.

Back on to the BMW’s they certainly aren’t an ideal winter car that’s for sure!

Dicko90

Feb 14, 2017
New car finally purchased, another white estate..... this time a B8 Audi A4 Avant S Line Executive 170bhp. I’m absolutely chuffed to bits it’s so well specced and on another level when compared to my old Exeo. The chap I bought it off had owned it from new, to say it’s 2 years older the whole driving experience is so much better! Anyway here’s a picture,

Nick

Dicko90

Feb 14, 2017
How much change did you get from the £7.5k going to a 2 year older car? was the mileage lower than the 40k on the Exeo?
If only you got change from an Audi :D this has 54k so slightly more. Don’t get me wrong I liked my Exeo but the build quality and materials of the Audi are in a different league. The seats for instance are proper nappa leather as is the steering wheel, where as the Exeo was more an imitation of leather. The Exeo is a tried and tested platform but is also a very dated one I never fully got my head around the whole badge thing if I’m honest I always felt like I had taken a step back from my previous cars. I know some will struggle with the whole older car thing but for me this is a step up in motoring. I’ve always wanted a well specced B8 but was never in a position to buy one previously.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.