Dog smell

DavieTDI

Brain dead
Aug 3, 2013
kilmarnock Scotland
Just not long but a seat and the thing stinks of wet dog and was full of dog hair.
Av scrubbed and scrubbed with shampoo and the smell is still there.
How in the hell do you get rid of that smell. Could it also bee in the pollen filter..
The car was given a good going over inside and was then aired for a full day but its still as bad the next day when you open the doors. please please help me

george g

Aug 6, 2013
You might need to get them steam cleaned? Its also likely to be in the carpets and vents. For the air conditioning have you tried deodorising it? just search aircon deodoriser and loads come up.

You just set the aircon to re-circ, let the can off near the sucking vent and let it do its thing for 10 mins or so.

HTH

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
I bought a car like that once and eventually it did go (I think) perhaps got used to it? This was wet dog - nice.

In a nutshell I just went overboard with the interior cleaner and a steam cleaner. From memory I did this about 5 times iirc. It took a hell of a long time and a lot of effort.

For the carpets I used those deodorising granules (can't remember the make but the one everyone knows apparently) and left in for a while and hoovered them up. This I did several times too.

So yes major ball ache in cleaning time and effort as well as cost in cleaning products.

It would probably be as cost and time effective to get an uprated interior and replace it, the seats and perhaps even the carpet. I did this to an old Pug of mine whose previous owner was a smoker and it was very noticable in the car when I bought it (saw past it though). The seats, door cards and carpet were replaced and I cleaned the roof lining as well as the parcel shelf and boot floor carpet very thoroughly. This did get rid of the smell.

The dog smell was an Astra and the Pug was bought after the Astra and I knew how much time and effort hence replacing the interior. For me I would do this again if in the same situation.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise