Drivers door armrest too low?

V2Formentor

Mar 17, 2023
Ok formentor drivers please don't laugh out too loud at this but I just wanna put out the question to drivers of the formentor, I have a issue with the height of where the armrest in the doors are!.. So does anybody else think they're too low?.. I'm going to ask is there a solution of adding height padding to the arm rests, I have the blue nappa leather so would definitely want the same material and colours etc, where would I start with this as a added extra? Back to the dealers? Or Spain?!!.. 😩.. 🙄I've looked on amazon etc but they look terribly tacky, I don't just wanna buy a bit of bulk padding... Cheers 👍

TheUkWizard

Jun 3, 2021
West midlands
What is weird, is that literally every car I have owned, I have always used the door for my arm, or the near window part.

The formentor is the first one where it just feels more natural to hold the steering wheel with both hands all the time. It might be the power on tap under my right foot too though, that is a contributing factor.

It's very low though, so feel your pain. If u lower the seating position, does that help?

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
What is weird, is that literally every car I have owned, I have always used the door for my arm, or the near window part.

The formentor is the first one where it just feels more natural to hold the steering wheel with both hands all the time. It might be the power on tap under my right foot too though, that is a contributing factor.

It's very low though, so feel your pain. If u lower the seating position, does that help?
This the way

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
My Leon armrest is too low to rest comfortably even in stationary traffic, I tried it this morning. Perhaps they just continued the design on when they needed a place for switches.
Cars didn't used to have armrests as I recall, unless they were posh.

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
🤔 If lowering the seat isn't enough, perhaps this might help... 😁👍

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230802-150313_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230802-150313_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: Seriously?

V2Formentor

Mar 17, 2023
It could be a game changer for me,.. Is there car

Haha, unfortunately I have the base model so not much excitement under my right foot as much as the beefier engines,😩, ok so it's not just me being a short a*se, 5ft10,average height, but ye I've always like most people like to rest arms on both arm rest or window part(also notice it pings at you if you don't have hands on the wheel), so had the car a year now and still struggle to get a good position in short journey, have lowered the seat for longer journeys but kinda then get the opposite effect of not being able to see much in front or over the intrusive bonnet,😩😩😂😂, I was thinking of having it adapted somehow.. But where to start..

EdwinV

Feb 7, 2022
I have the bucket seats in the Formentor and I agree that the armrest in the door is too low.
Only in a very low seating position I can use the armrest in the door. I tried lowering my seating position but that gave other issues.
The armrest in the middle is better. I have it pulled out to the front (cover 1 cup holder) and I can use that one for my right arm.
The steering wheel adjustment is limited to a certain height and distance and I think this also limits the seating positions.
Both hands are more on the steering wheel and usually at the bottom part of the steering wheel.

I found a good seating position with help from a custom car seating company.
First thing I did was saving the seating (and mirror) position for memory buttons 1, 2 and 3(y)

V2Formentor

Mar 17, 2023
I have the bucket seats in the Formentor and I agree that the armrest in the door is too low.
Only in a very low seating position I can use the armrest in the door. I tried lowering my seating position but that gave other issues.
The armrest in the middle is better. I have it pulled out to the front (cover 1 cup holder) and I can use that one for my right arm.
The steering wheel adjustment is limited to a certain height and distance and I think this also limits the seating positions.
Both hands are more on the steering wheel and usually at the bottom part of the steering wheel.

I found a good seating position with help from a custom car seating company.
First thing I did was saving the seating (and mirror) position for memory buttons 1, 2 and 3(y)
Hey, so it's not just me having this issue,.. Sounds like I'm the same situation as you then, seat to low the armrest works but then I'm toooo low and feel I'm on the floor,.. You actually used a car seating company to help.. That's crazy...guessing it worked tho?!!.. Did you add any adaptions to the arm rests or just carry on👍

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.