driving mpg?

gus

Jun 27, 2006
Hi people just wondering what mpg u lot got driving normally, thrashing it, and motorway? just had new maf in and still a bit worried car not running correctly

thanks

gus

JKing

Cupra-R
Aug 9, 2003
Mansfield, Notts
photobucket.com
Last £10 of optimax I only got 45 miles before I needed to fill up. This was purely short trips of 5miles or so up to the forest and back so not surprised really. Think the trip computer was reading 21 or 22mpg lol. On a run I usually average around 34mpg, that's on a 200 mile motorway trip averaging 80mph with the occasionally foot down moment.

JKing

Cupra-R
Aug 9, 2003
Mansfield, Notts
photobucket.com
These guys who are quoted 35mpg+ figures, I assume u reset the trip computer when you fill up then take the average reading from then on?? just find it hard to believe that some people are getting close to 40mpg especially the ones with remaps. Do you go over half throttle??

seli_babe

Don't Mess....
Nov 22, 2005
Bedfordshire
blackturbo said:
When I was looking into a remap I was told that if I drove sensibly the remap wouls actually improve my mpg lol

Don't disagree mate... just thinking this guy might only be geting 21mpg on a good drive and everyone that's posted has got re-maps and saying 39.. might worry him a bit.. that was all...

danny_lund1

i was told same when i got mine mapped
described it as the engine doens't have to work as hard to get the power so should go up and seems it has gone up a littl, makes me :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.