Egg smell

kineticz

Forever moddin'
Jul 23, 2008
Shropshire
www.wepaintanypart.co.uk
Hi all,
I've done a search and it could be coil packs, can't be the cat as I don't have one :p The smell lasted for about 1 minute and then went, the performance of the car didn't change, and no EML came on

:shrug:

Could it still be the coil pack? Perhaps this is what's been causing my drops in boost recently? (20 reduces to 12 psi).

Thanks

keza1

Believe it or not......did you air con switch on after not been used for a while??

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Binksys car done this recently to........he doesn't know what caused his either and he also has no other faults as I code read it twice in last couple of weeks :confused:

vngtx

its usually the cat that makes that smell, ive smelt it that many times on MOT's.

kineticz

Forever moddin'
Jul 23, 2008
Shropshire
www.wepaintanypart.co.uk
There was no car in front mate lol... It was out on a country lane so I drove for a bit thinking it was a farm, and it lingered for about a minute. It then hit me that my coilpack was about to go, but the smell cleared and the car carried on as normal, no misfiring etc

Is it possible that the car is running on three cylinders without misfiring?

leonrob

allways inovating
Jan 5, 2010
can you smell it when the cars stationary (engine off) if so it could be gearbox oil cause that smells like eggs

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
well from having a decat will make this smell , because theres nothing there to filter any of it out , my old car used to do it randomly , youd then question yourself did i let one rip ,???i dont think so , lol

but i cant comment on other symptoms , being in a derv now ,

mishy

i had my car remapped at xmas and after 30mins of 'testing' it gave me that smell(which they warned may happen). i slowed and it disappeared. 2,000 miles later, never smelt it again, liquid guage results full power and no mis-fires.
But now you know why some people carry atleast one of these £25 coil packs around with em as do I, just in case.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise