Egt Guage

SEATCOOBER

LOVE MY IBEEZA!!!
Mar 11, 2007
LINCOLN/NORWICH
hoping to intall one of these this weekend, would the sensor be ok just screwing into the dp or does it have to be in the ehaust mani,also is there a gromit in the firewall in the middle of the car as i have to run the thermocouple to the gauge in the cupra r pod as the thermocouple is not that long any help on this would be great!!!

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
you need to use temp compensated cable (ie the right extension type K thermocouple) otherwise you skew the reading.

As close to turbo outlet as possible, else you will not be seeing the EGT's you wish to see.
Purist fitment is in the mani at the collector, if you dont mind worrying what/if the thermocouple fails and then passes by the turbine wheel on exit.

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
you dont have to but its easier.

make sure its sealed or it WILL leak.

i dont use that grommet anymore because of that reason.

what egt reader you got?

SEATCOOBER

LOVE MY IBEEZA!!!
Mar 11, 2007
LINCOLN/NORWICH
just the universal autogauge smocked lens one not very expesive just got a good deal on it got it for 45 quid instead of 90 plus it matches my boost and oil temp gauge, shall i just use the grommit where my other guages come into the cockpit, just its getting abit crowded there now!!!

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
you can just see the hole (would have a grommet in there normally) which is in the scuttle.
as hooch says, it can leak if you dont seal it properly
cage-27.jpg

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
i think you need to stop asking questions and just do it mate. its hardly a hard thing to do, you just gota use ya eyes.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Just something that occured to me this morning......

If you remove the secondary air and fit a blanking plate to it's inlet on the head, would an EGT sensor fitted to that plate be any good (I know it'd only be on #4) ?

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
no as you want egt after the turbo (or before as bill said above)

does exhaust gas flow through the 2ndry air then? i didnt think it did!!??

SEATCOOBER

LOVE MY IBEEZA!!!
Mar 11, 2007
LINCOLN/NORWICH
that would be sweet if you can as i have just removed mine, the probe is quite long though it may interfere with the cylinder just had a look in my SAI pipework there is alot of carbon in there which suggest lots of hot gas and explosions!!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.