Exhausts whats the best way forward

andytaylor1980

Jul 30, 2009
North East (Middlesbrough)
Hi guys i have recently removed the cat from my LCR and put a scorpion de-cat pipe on the standard system but its not what i was expecting at all !! maybe im a idiot but i expected it to sound nice and deep but insted its very tinny and in my opinion not very nice.

I have spoke to a few people who say the "tinny" noise is what you will get from a de-cat so i was wondering whats the next exhaust part to change and how much will it cost me ??

Im a bit of a novice at this whole car thing and im learning as i go so please excuse me sounding like a plank.:help:

Oh forgot to mention my LCR has had a custom code remap, ramair induction kit, forge DV etc ... if this makes any difference

Rich23 UK

Slave to my LCR
Sep 15, 2009
Devon
So I presume you still have the standard LCR zorst system apart from the scorpion de-cat?

If so I would suggest replacing the back box with something that will give a beefier sound. Perhaps a Blue flame one? ;) Seems to be quite popular choice for the Leon. That will come in at about £330.

andytaylor1980

Jul 30, 2009
North East (Middlesbrough)
Hi Rich,

Cheers for the quick reply and yes the only part i have changed from the standard is the de-cat, i have just been looking on the JBS site at milltek cat back systems but it mentions that you should only really use milltek parts on other milltek parts if you get what i mean but they are priced about the same. i will have a look at blueflame though cheers

Just looked at this LEON CUPRA R 210/225 CAT BACK SYSTEM 2002 - 2005 MONACO on the blueflame site, is this what you mean

Last edited:

Rich23 UK

Slave to my LCR
Sep 15, 2009
Devon
It could be done. The backend is not too bad. It's the down pipe that's a bit trickier.

But ideally it needs to be in the air ;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.