Flaking laquer on FR wheels - under warrenty?

2 Many Ibiza's

The laquer on all 4 of my wheels on my mk4 petrol Ibiza FR are all flaking away.
Does anyone elses FR wheels do this? or heard of it?

The car is only 2 years old and never been jet washed or anything harsh as its always washed on my driveway with a wash mitt and soft hose pipe.

Any ideas if this could be covered under warrenty? :shrug:

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Best way is to go and ask your dealer and see what they say, to be honest I wouldn't think you would get anything out of them if you have had the car 2 years but you never know, it's got to be worth asking though.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
My Refrence Sport wheels are flaking , they only did around 500 miles on car then i fitted new wheels

Dealer didnt want anything to do with them , i emailed Seat UK and a guy said send me some photos , so i did and he said photos wernt clear enough and send some better ones ......... i gave up thought why bother i dont use them on car anyway

so email Seat Uk

neilo42

Apr 12, 2008
horbury wakefield w yorkshire
The laquer on all 4 of my wheels on my mk4 petrol Ibiza FR are all flaking away.
Does anyone elses FR wheels do this? or heard of it?

The car is only 2 years old and never been jet washed or anything harsh as its always washed on my driveway with a wash mitt and soft hose pipe.

Any ideas if this could be covered under warrenty? :shrug:

i had the same problem as you car was only 15 months old .it turned out they had a refurb but not a very good one.so took it back to the place i got it from and they had them done properly.........just take it back and see what they say

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
they should do it if they a flaking. if they a kerbed or damaged they wil get funny about it

Tricky Red

Jan 16, 2007
I would say no chance. I had same issue with mine years ago. Dealer said that they would replace FOC then send the wheels to be assessed and if they thought is was misuse, or lack of cleaning routine, they would bill me for them. At £150 each, I thought better of it.

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
one of mine has been curbed quite badly (not by me...) and no signs of flaking...i also use a power washer

wouldn't have thought this to be a problem on the FR wheels :confused:

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Depends what you use to clean your wheels maybe, some wheel cleaners are very harsh and if used regularly probably won't do much good and may be the cause of the paint flaking.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.