Fluttering / Boost Related?

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
-=Rob=-;3136532Hey perhaps it's actually normal and we are worrying for nothing :) !![/QUOTE said:
Thought have crossed my mind. Ive also serviced my forge and fittedt a yellow spring. I have a EBC fitted but still get the fluttering very similar to the video even with boost is decreased with ebc controller.

Something I've not tried is reversing the 007p dump valve, may try this first as it's a simple job and may or may not have a bearing on the fluttering...

Keep me posted on how it goes, as we should get to the bottom of this.

prebs

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
Keep me posted on how it goes, as we should get to the bottom of this.

prebs

Well Prebs, I tried reversing the DV today, and it still does it I'm afraid :doh:
Maybe not as much, but it's a bit more difficult to hear as the DV chirps in reverse which overpowers the flutter sound.... Not sure what to try next now!

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
Well Prebs, I tried reversing the DV today, and it still does it I'm afraid :doh:
Maybe not as much, but it's a bit more difficult to hear as the DV chirps in reverse which overpowers the flutter sound.... Not sure what to try next now!

Well, I had a go today with the crank ventilation and pcv valve to look for any leaks. Didn´t find anything either. Wasnt even a sign for clogged pcv valve,

Im thinking the same as you mentioned earlier in the thread, maybe this is something tyhat appears on revo stg2 when bypassing N249 and running high boost, even thou I still get the sympthoms when turning down my EBC and running lower boost. hmmm

Any suggestions?

alibali45

Hi Robbie, I'm peaking at approx 1.6bar / 24ish psi...

Not really that knowledgeable on tuning but did it get any better when you fitted the yellow 007p spring, cause as far as i know if your boost is that high then isnt the blue spring the right one for the job? :shrug:

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
Well, I had a go today with the crank ventilation and pcv valve to look for any leaks. Didn´t find anything either. Wasnt even a sign for clogged pcv valve,

Im thinking the same as you mentioned earlier in the thread, maybe this is something tyhat appears on revo stg2 when bypassing N249 and running high boost, even thou I still get the sympthoms when turning down my EBC and running lower boost. hmmm

Any suggestions?

I've not checked my pcv valve yet, I'll have a look at this soon. Oh and I'm not running the n249 bypass, was going to try that next, but if you have that done and it's doing it, I doubt it'll help... This is a tricky one!!

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
I've not checked my pcv valve yet, I'll have a look at this soon. Oh and I'm not running the n249 bypass, was going to try that next, but if you have that done and it's doing it, I doubt it'll help... This is a tricky one!!

yeah this one is a hard nut to break. What we do know is that we both have the same issues, same map and same DV. We have both serviced our forge DVs but maybe we should try another DV, maybe from another brand just to see if we got the same results. Cant think of enything else really, as I now have 1 vac house running from inlet to DV witch should give the valve a good strong vacum to open. In the end the judder/surge sounds comes from build-up pressure witch is released when throttle is closed on inlet mani.

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
Maybe worth trying a bigger dv perhaps? I have a feeling the forge 006 is slightly bigger and could potentially shift more air quicker? I don't have one but will keep an eye out for a cheap one to try it...

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
Maybe worth trying a bigger dv perhaps? I have a feeling the forge 006 is slightly bigger and could potentially shift more air quicker? I don't have one but will keep an eye out for a cheap one to try it...

Thought have crossed my mind on same specter regarding forge 007 not recycling enough air, but on the other hand people are running these on hybrid setups flowing more air throu the filter then we do. I also found my exhaust mani to turbo bolts had come abit loose so they where torqued up without any result. Keep me posted as I feel we´re getting closer:)

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site

Ok that's interesting, is the sound air passing back through the air filter then? It's a bizarre one to say the least... We need to take a trip in each others cars to compare the noise!

On another note regarding the dump valves, I took a look at a standard cossie the other day, and Ford fit the standard Bosch dv in the same way we reverse ours. So maybe the reverse way is better anyway, and Seat just fit it the other way for less volume...?

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
Ok that's interesting, is the sound air passing back through the air filter then? It's a bizarre one to say the least... We need to take a trip in each others cars to compare the noise!

On another note regarding the dump valves, I took a look at a standard cossie the other day, and Ford fit the standard Bosch dv in the same way we reverse ours. So maybe the reverse way is better anyway, and Seat just fit it the other way for less volume...?

From the design-looks of the DV I think it looks like it supposed to be the right way(normal) and not reversed, this is something I concluded with when I opened the DV to service mine.

I live across the pond in Norway so it wont be easy to compare the noise:) Could try to take a sound record thou, but I can remenber postinga link to youtube with a clip with the exact same sound/problem. cant seem to find the link, do you remeber it?

My first thought on this now is to try another DV, maybe one with a different design as the turbosmart or similar just to hear if there´s any diffrence.

We should also try to envolve the guys in the mk1 leon thread to join us and maybe share some experince on this. If you find the link to youtube please post it up.

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
Rob, could you refitt you old filter box and try (I cant seem to find mine, think my ex girlfriend stole it:) shouldnt take long thou.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.