forge TIP

dukeandace

hi has anyone got a pic of a forge TIP and what does it stand for. and whats the benefits of it

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
A worth while mod me thinks! Get that air flowing into the turbo. When you look at both the oem tip and a silicone one like forge's you will see the difference and understand why people change them asap!

brad1

I changed mine yesterday for a forge one, removed the old one and fitted the new one in 45 mins

marv_n69

Standard'ish Cupra R 225
Jul 30, 2009
Are they easy to fit? Is the TIP easy accessable? What needs to be moved/taken out in order to gain access to the TIP?

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
Yeah pretty straight forward and a direct replacement, a little fiddly but nothing major.

You'll need to remove everything connected to the standard TIP and also the airbox.

Damian @ DPM Performance

marv_n69

Standard'ish Cupra R 225
Jul 30, 2009
When you say remove everything connected to the standard TIP, do you mean just disconnect the pipework? Does the pipework then just connect stight to the forge TIP and secured using dublee clips?

sick2death

Dec 3, 2009
SY11
Mine was also changed yesterday, although I didnt do it myself as i have sausage fingers and serious lack of patience.

To be fair the garage only charged me 1/2 hour labour.

Dec 19, 2006
It is fiddly to do and can be awkward getting everything located on to it, think the biggest problem I had was getting into position due to what I think is a cooling pipe as they came very close and then locating it on to turbo that's fiddly trying to get your hands and arms in to get enough force on it to push on but definitly worth the bother ;-)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members