FR/Cupra...how many litres of oil in TOTAL?

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
How many litres of oil is an FR/Cupra engine designed to hold? I was getting beeps on roundabouts saying I was low so forked out £45 for 4 litres of Castrol Edge 5w-30 and used every last drop and still wasn't at the max!!!!!!????? :wtf:

Dont know but mine goes through oil as if its going out of fashion.

Really not liking the running costs atm! 120p a litre for VPower and this oil consumption too! I'm glad the water is free at my petrol station cause it drinks that stuff too with the amount of filth on the road getting kicked up onto my windscreen!!!

So anyone got a definitve anwer for how much oil it's belly can hold?

ghosty

Jun 14, 2007
essex
from my experience with VAG cars, when the low oil indicator comes on it means that the oil level is dangerously low and you need to stop immediatly and put some in NOW! so its a bit pants as an 'indicator' as such. after learning that from experience has taught me to keep checking them more frequently. like a few weeks back just did some casual checking on the leon and again the oil was well at low but no sign of any 'indicator'. how much less does it want to go before telling me! :confused:
g

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
cheers Kev, mine must have been pretty damn low then. Suprised I didn't get a constant oil warning light rather than on the odd roundabout!?
They are ALSO known as "TOO LATE LIGHTS". ..............................££££££££££££££££££
You should check at least once a month

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
Mine takes a full 5 litres all but enough left to top up a couple of times. I think if you are changing the oil filter it can soak up to half a litre as well.

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
At service i always pay for 5litres but as blade says the filter probably soaks up a bit as this is changed during service too, so 5 litres max i would say!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise