FR TDI seems to be lackin top end all of a sudden??

moditsteve

Hi all when i first got my 54 reg FR ibiza tdi it seemed to pull nicely in 6th & 5th would take me to 120mph. i at one point had 135mph which was great.

Since then all i have had done is a rear silencer, induction kit and 17" alloys fitted. now i find when im on the motorway i can get to about 120mph then it struggles like mad to get any pull in 6th??

Any ideas why this may be? do they loose power if to hot??

Bit lost for reasons as rest of gears seem to be fine?

thanks all :confused:

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
The 17's will have made the speedo read more accurate, and also will have slowed the car down slightly due to more rolling resistance,

Maybe the filter hasn't helped, what kit have you got on it, and what exhaust do you have?

redcupratdi

Offical SCN Pole Dancer
Oct 13, 2005
cambridge
i found with induction kit it was a little faster 0-80but when going over 110 it seems to hold back put on normal filter and box and now zoom through 80 -130 in a blink!

moditsteve

i have swapped the old air box back and going to give a few weeks of trial :D
i work shift so sometimes i drive back down a certain long stretch of dual carriage way at 4am which has just fields each side ;) lol

moditsteve

ok sorry mr perfect.
....oooo all i do is 70mph dont ya know!!!
lol ;)

Fez boy

Apr 23, 2003
Watford
Visit site
moditsteve said:
Any ideas why this may be? do they loose power if to hot??

Yes you will get heat soak,and it will be worse in the summer time :headhurt:

Do you know anyone with Vagcom?

Ask them to check for any fault codes ;)

moditsteve

i have heard of this just wasnt sure how muchit affected the car overall, thanks

moditsteve

well after a few days of the old air box being back on i noticed a noticable loss in power right through range so i put my induction kit back on and got rid of the honeycomb, and walla all y lovely power is back and a little bit more :D

jammipnut

just done a search as i recently fitted a BMC CDA to my beeza MK4 tdi fr and noticed the same, doesn't seem to zoom as much in 5th and 6th gears or maybe its just me lol. the intake pipe for the BMC had to be bent in a weird position because the battery was in the way, thus the pipe hasn't reached all the way to the grill were original intake pipe was maybe this is the problem? any ideas guys

Last edited by a moderator:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.