Fullrun tyres??

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
Hi all, ive currently got 19's on my cupra and been looking about for a set of new tyres. Was set on getting Falkens as heard good things about them for the price, but just been on camskill and they have 235/35/19 Fullruns for £69 each.
Just wondering if anyone has any any experience of these as the only reveiw i can find is a guy who fitted them on his Fabia and reckons there were very very good for the money?
They have a similar tread pattern to Goodyears and cant fault the price.
Cheers

Cupraloon

Never heard of fullruns, personally i'd stick with the falkens which are cheap enough and a know quantity.

Buying unheard of makes of tyres is an accident waiting to happen in my view.. sorry probably not what you wanted to hear really... ;)

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
no know what u mean folks, im just tempted cos it will work out as £280 for 4 instead of £384 for 4 Falkens. Xmas coming and all, just dont want to buy them and end up in the stingies.

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
Have you tried Harris Brothers in Swansea for a price?

Had my alloys refurbished by Steve at Alloy Polishing, he uses Harris Brothers for taking tyres off / re-fitting & balancing. I asked him to put a couple of new tyres on when he went for re-fitting and I had change from £200 for a pair of Continental Sport Contact 2's.

Good prices I thought :)

Vipers_Venom

King Leonidas
Jun 30, 2004
West Midlands
Hi,

A mate of mine had Fullrun tyres on his Cupra R and they were shite!!
I think they are a budget manufacturer.

I have Nankang NS2's on mine and they are awful in the wet!

Stick with well known brand names. Are they the FK452 for £384?

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
Jonny: Cheers, Il give them a ring and see what they quote. What size were there 2 tires you bought?
Vipers Venom: yea from camskill mate.

Cooper_81

Jun 17, 2007
Glasgow
Stay well away from Fullrun tyres.

I've also fitted 19's on my Leon Cupra with those Fullrons....They are cheap sh*te mate....I got them with the alloys in a tyre package deal and wouldn't recommend them to anybody.

They give you no grip what so ever in the wet and I'd consider remoulds before i bought another Fullron....I done a google search just to find out how much of a budget tyre they were and I was amazed to find that I could buy them for £37 each... 235/35/19....

Stick to a more branded type of rubber mate, ye will pay more but its better spendin that bit extra on tyres rather than a new front end if ye put that cheap sh*te on yer pride n joy....

Cheers Davie

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
magic cheers fella, wanted to hear how crap they are from someone who has used them. Was thinking the same as everyone was saying and dont know why i even considered them to be honest, cos i like driving my car quick. Il invest in the falkens as they seem top value and il have to search on google properly for the cheapest price i can find. Im aiming for £300 for them so fingers crossed :blink:

Cheers for all the comments lads and anyone else know somewhere cheap for tires let me know :)

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
magic cheers fella, wanted to hear how crap they are from someone who has used them. Was thinking the same as everyone was saying and dont know why i even considered them to be honest, cos i like driving my car quick. Il invest in the falkens as they seem top value and il have to search on google properly for the cheapest price i can find. Im aiming for £300 for them so fingers crossed :blink:

Cheers for all the comments lads and anyone else know somewhere cheap for tires let me know :)

Camskill will be one of the cheapest and often next day delivery is a certainty if ordered early enough.
Depends if you want loose or a fitted service.

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
I have Barum FR's on my car - excellent tyres for the cash (think they were about £70 each fitted), can't complain about them at all, fantastic in the wet & dry & Auto Express's best mid range tyre :)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
If its £300 your spending you'll get 4 GSD3's for that, but you'll need to pay for fitting ontop.
If its performance tyres your going for don't scrimp and save GSD3's are the bomb and if you buy cheap and sit at 100mph your going to be shitting yourself wondering if they'll blow or not

struass

Just got 4 GSD3's for £340 including fitting etc. :funk:

Shop around and you'll get a decent deal on well known tyres.

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
where did you get them from fella? Im looking about and 235/35/19 are alot more than that!!

PS I can have then fitted for nothing so only need supply

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members