Future Ibiza Cupra Owner

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018
Hey guys! I'm from down in Gloucestershire. I signed up here as I've definitevely decided on my second car - a 2016 Ibiza Cupra 1.8TSI Manual. I've just been lurking through threads and learning bits here and there but I'm down to talk about any potential issues with the above as well as upgrades in the future. Still hunting for one though! Dealt with some poor dealers the past few days...

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018
Oho I've certainly thought about it!
Unfortunately my budget was originally 7 to 10k... And I was looking at FRs and older cupras. However I'm not a full on petrolhead, at least not yet - I really want the tech in the ibiza so I'm waiting and stretching that budget to get all of the nice standard kit in the Ibiza Cupra.

So yeah, I'd love one! But very pricy for me.
(And the rear end of the Ibiza Cupra looks better in my opinion)

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018
I live in a heavy Cupra area but don’t see many Ibiza Cupra’s for sale. You might have a job cut out for you in finding one.

Never thought about a 2016 Leon Cupra?
Don't think I replied to your previous message properly.

But yeah I'm specifically after one with the half leather alcantara seats and preferably reversing sensors, making it even rarer. Oof.

Reactions: Maypack

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Just found this if it’s of interest to you

83ec7758a15d07c747bfe6c6f7df81b9.png

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Sorry for the late welcome... Welcome lol

You bought that Ibiza Cupra yet haha

Looking forward to seeing some pics when you find the motor you're after.

Cheers

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018
Just found this if it’s of interest to you

83ec7758a15d07c747bfe6c6f7df81b9.png

That’s at my local SEAT dealer... I’d be happy to swing by to take a few more photos for you if you like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I've been eyeing that listing up pretty much daily for the past month! I've decided since I've got time on my side I'll wait, and won't compromise on finding one that doesn't have the Alcantara / Half Leather seat option. My one gripe with the 2016 Ibiza Cupra, those stock seats haha

Funnily enough that's really close to me too, I'm in Gloucester. Gloucester Seat still have a Limited Edition 2018 Cupra R.... wow.

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018

Cheers
Hey man! I actually thought no-one was responding to this thread, it's just wasn't notifying me.
Fraid I haven't bought it yet... coming up to my renewal date for insurance too - determined to make the purchase as close to that as possible.
My perfectionism when it comes to finding one with Alcantara, it's killing me.

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018
I live in a heavy Cupra area but don’t see many Ibiza Cupra’s for sale. You might have a job cut out for you in finding one.

Never thought about a 2016 Leon Cupra?

Cheers

I might have to do a new 'new members intro' thread.

Not to revive a dead thread or anything but...

I totally ended up buying a 2014 Leon Cupra 280... :roflmao:
Turns out your 8k budget can stretch pretty far when you have no impulse control.
It's perfect.

(If someone teaches me how to upload images I'll happily upload some, after my newbie's attempt at a 'detail')

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018
@Kothaex check out @Jimbobcook signature line it has a link to how to post images.

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....externally-and-uploading-to-the-forum.446438/

However one word of advise make sure you blank out your number plate as scammers can and do use them on other cars and its just a pain.
Thanks mate! Decided to get a bit creative with my censoring.

The almost pink looking pic is post-clean, I made an attempt at claying and waxing too.
bd809c8d1940980286d821fee6492ca8.jpg
3ef558d92b483bb6178280680a32c1bd.jpg
f3480e5f4dcfefee3faba0c039db45d2.jpg
b7efd7153356bc9993632e1a14c0c246.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018
Couple more, the dealership I bought this from refurbed the alloys, not really sure what the new finish is called but they used to be diamond cut. I love the colour and finish but a couple of minor kerb incidents have thrashed them.

Also having some issues with fogging and water in my lights, and my brake discs look exceptionally small.
80816bd2244be36a948aac039361feeb.jpg
9f020b06bc62a9f67899ea26fbce6662.jpg
7222766a35ce42011e15aca4131b9edb.jpg

Deleted member 103408

I am guessing they have been powder coated (Diamond Cut look nice but finish suffers if not looked after a lot).

Rear lights if you search on this forum you will find a lot of people got this fixed under warranty, I would take this back to the dealer and get him to fix it

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018
I am guessing they have been powder coated (Diamond Cut look nice but finish suffers if not looked after a lot).

Rear lights if you search on this forum you will find a lot of people got this fixed under warranty, I would take this back to the dealer and get him to fix it
Fraid it was a small time family business, my warranty was a 3 month that expired at the start of this month.

I've heard it's DIYable but for some background on me - I started driving 1.25 years ago and have 0 mechanical background and the idea of taking apart my boot lining gives me the shivers

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018
Its very simple to get the rear lights out, if you are up to it.

Just have a read of the first few bits of this thread https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....2014-rear-bumper-removal.444362/#post-4836553 and there is a Youtube Video as well showing you how to do it.

Oh man, gotta get the bumper off :O Not looking forward to that. Might be something to do when I install a diffuser as well, then.

Thanks for the link mate, it's definitely something to look into doing. At the moment it doesn't really bother me but when I start putting bodykit on it and I want it to look it's best...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.