Gauges cutting intermittently

norty

Hi everyone i'm new here. I have a torledo with an intermittent problem. The problem is that all the needles on the speedo, rev counter, fuel gage, and temp gage all drop and all the lights in that part of the dash go off for a couple off seconds, sometimes a bit longer, and then return to normal. It can be a couple of days between the fault or it can happen 3 times in a seven mile journey. I have had the clocks out and checked connections and sprayed wd 40 on them. I have been to two seat main dealers and they said they won't be able to do anything until the needles stop working completely and then they may be able to diagnose the problem.

Any help on the matter would be much appreciated. Thanks

3675michaelm

I have a 1999 model with simular problem. Rev counter, speedo, Temp & Fuel guage have all died along with there lights. fuses are all ok. it also has the wet problem in foot well behind drivers seat, wonder if the damp has caused the problem?? any help welcolme.

norty

I have the same problem only all my foot wells get damp. Water seams to get traped when open the door water splashes out even if its has stopped rainning for a few hours. I have taken out the clocks again and sprayed even more WD 40 in the plugs that go in the back this was last tuesday and its been ok since so fingers crossed.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
going to sound reallly really daft here but

check all your lights/headlamps work front and rear properly with no bad earths and the rheostat and light switch is all ok

coolypops

Tastes like chicken
Feb 14, 2009
The Emerald Isle
(water + electricity = bad)

The damp may be causing an earth to the body behind the dash or your ecu could be damaged by it either so id start by sorting out the source of the leak causing the damp
Then dry out any water in the carpets etc.

If this doesn't fix it then its probably a faulty earth so id get yourself some wiring diagrams at that stage...

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.