Getting my new Leon fr tdi on this week!!!

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Hey guys, after sadly losing my ibiza fr 08 plate in an accident:( i am shortly going to be the new owner of a 58 plate emocion red leon fr tdi 170. Really looking forward to getting the car, im just wondering who has remapped there leon's and im interested to know the difference it makes to the car and if anyone has had any issues? Cheers guys

red line fun

May 24, 2004
Scotland
congrats on the car, i have an 08 plate fr tdi as well. totally standard though bar 18's and skirts so i'll leave the experts to advise you re: this remapping thingy [B)]

SimonM

Congrats, im picking up my FR this week, its going to be the longest week ever! Im quite interested about getting it remapped also. Does it effect the warranty? and iv heard about getting a de-dpf also but does it effect emissions?

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Cheers guys! Really can't wait to get it lol! Was wanting to get the 18's but this sits on the 17's.. Hopefully in the not to distant future ill get the 18's or cupra 18/19(cnt remeber exact size) I had my ibiza remapped to 180 bhp and had no issues with it as far as reliability was concerned, always woried about the standard clutch tho but never had a problem. Apparantly the leon has a far stronger clutch, and clutch issues are as far as i believe pretty non existant, but i would love to know of peoples thoughts and if anyone encountered problems

Chuy

Yep, if you're caught with the remap and something fails, If they can blame the remap your warranty would be void.

The good news is that the vast majority of the software upgrades (APR, Unitronic, etc) are undetectable with the simple use of vagcom.

As far as I understand they should be looking really hard for it or driving your car at really high speeds, which would be very unlikely....

I think you should go for it. Just take in mind the limit of torque that your Gearbox can support. 6 sp DSG is 350 Nm (official number)

Chuy

Besides If you think something is wrong with your car, you can always go with your SW dealer and have it reflashed as it was from the factory... :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.