Give your thoughts and posts the Pics...

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
Looking pictures of owners rides or ones which you know to be running coilovers and 18" rims on a low profile tyre...

I am currently running V-Maxx Coilovers with 225 40 18 tyre setup and want to see the difference if i go for a lower profile. At the minute im getting a bit of rubbing on the arch liner on B roads with bumps/dips and driving at speed so i thought raise the car up and go lower profile to drop it down slightly but cure the rubbing...?

Post your thoughts on the matter as well please!

Thanks

Last edited:

daz_pd

Apr 15, 2007
N.Ireland
are your coilovers adjustable? im sure even just taking it up a bit would cure it, if not try removing the spare wheel, might just be enough to do the trick!

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
i could take it up a bit but then it looks too high to me lol want it low as possible without any of the problems... maybe asking too much!

Its only the front giving bother so removing the spare wheel wont help me out unfortunately.

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
No, im due to get the camber adjusted at the back and the 4 wheel alignment next tuesday. want to have it sitting as close to perfect as i can before i take it round as i would have thought any adjustment after getting it done would render it all pointless...?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
If you are thinking of a lower profile just note

225/40 = 90mm

225/35 = 78.75mm

11 mm isn't much difference pretty much the same between a new and a worn out tyre in reality

what's behind where the liner's touching/rubbing ? room to have it heat treated and reshaped to suit ?

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
Balls...! Would it make that big of a difference? My clocks are already out if you go by a GPS system. Pretty sure the last time i tried it i can sit at 80 with the speedo and still be at a legal speed (technically, if you use the 10% lee-way you are supposed to be "allowed")

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise