Glove box removal for CD changer?

brypie

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham, UK
Hi everyone

Sorry to drag this up again, as i have searched and found quite a few of the answers I need but not everything....

I am going to be putting the CD changer in my glovebox, as it fits in there quite nicely :)
All I really want to know is, will I need to remove any of the glove box to do this? And If I do, anything to be careful of? (i.e pulling on things that will break or anything silly like that)

Is there a neat place to put the wires, or is it just a case of 'out of sight, out of mind'?

I just want to have a little bit more knowledge than I normally do, because I have been known to be a little too rough at times...

Cheers
Bryan

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
With mine I had a changer in the glove box and there was a large square recess built into the glove box for it. then there is a square pop out panel in the corner of the recess that you pop out so that the wiring can be routed clean and tidy.

I have removed the changer now and fitted a new headunit that is ipod compatable and the ipod just sits in the glove box now whilst I navigate from the head unit.

brypie

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham, UK
With mine I had a changer in the glove box and there was a large square recess built into the glove box for it. then there is a square pop out panel in the corner of the recess that you pop out so that the wiring can be routed clean and tidy.

I've had a look in the glove box, and there's no sign of a pop out panel. Closest there was to that is what looks like a moulded piece of plastic over what would be recess, but it is actually moulded on, and wont pop out.... But, the recess is defo there, which is why I want to put it in the glove box :D

Last edited:

nealo

Oct 12, 2007
Guisborough
that plastic will just punch thru, maybe with a bit of cutting. i seem to remember it being in the bottom right corner at the back of the glove box. i've done it in my last ibiza and this one i have now. i squeezed an 8 disc changer in.

brypie

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham, UK
that plastic will just punch thru, maybe with a bit of cutting. i seem to remember it being in the bottom right corner at the back of the glove box. i've done it in my last ibiza and this one i have now. i squeezed an 8 disc changer in.

Ok then. I was considering getting a saw on it, 'cept I didnt want to do it if there was a proper way to do it that I had overlooked...

Thanks guys!

LoDa

Oct 12, 2008
Southampton

I have removed the changer now and fitted a new headunit that is ipod compatable and the ipod just sits in the glove box now whilst I navigate from the head unit.

Is that one of the alpine iDA-X series? I was looking at the 100 or the 300. your views?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.