Heater Fans not working

Feb 2, 2021
We have a Seat Leon MK2 55 plate and the heater fans have stopped working. The heater itself works but not the fans.

I am a complete car novice but done a bit of googling and it could be the heater blower, as I don't think it has a resistor as its a digital control.

Anybody got any ideas wha I can look for

Help appreciated

jackbarraclough5196

May 23, 2019
Lancashire
Hello,

There will be a resistor, as this is how your blower “levels” are controlled, it’s just a control for how much voltage gets to the unit per sè.

I’d be looking into that, checking the fuses wouldn’t go a miss either. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 2, 2021
Any idea where I find the resistor? or what it looks like? Can't find a you tube clip for my model and I have removed the panel under glove compartment looking for similar "green" resistors that are on some you tube clips.

jackbarraclough5196

May 23, 2019
Lancashire
I would try and remove the control unit, I think you have to take the radio/fascia plate off first to gain access. Don’t quote me on this but I’m sure when I last took the stereo out of mine (57) I seen some hidden torx screws for the heater control unit.

I’d put my money on the resistor being around there somewhere. Also to take the fascia plate off you need some stereo removal keys for the 4 corners around the stereo or you’ll snap your fascia plate trying to pry it off lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 2, 2021
Thanks for the reply, but I am a car novice and concerned about removing the facia and stereo unit if I'm not sure what I am looking for.

Can anyone point me in the direction of what I should be looking for?

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Hi I had this same problem when I got my Leon 2008 was a very long winded process. First you need to take off the lower part of the glove box and the glove box door it’self they’ll you’ll see the heater blower motor casing behind that. You’ll need to check for power at the multi plug there. Then if it doesn’t have power trace it back to the join toward the fuse box and see where the power stops. If it does have power it’s a motor fault. These can be rusted and dirty due to water. Do you have any mates who are good with cars coz it’ll be easier to ask for help mate on this one. Don’t just start buying parts that you might not need. Mine turned out to be a plug about the heater motor right behind the dash wasn’t clicked in or had come loose over the years.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise