Hello from Cornwall

Jun 26, 2023
Hello everyone, I have just purchased my first ever Seat, a 2016 Leon ST 1.6 tdi SE Business.

Very happy with the car so far and it’s by far the newest car I have ever owned even though it is 7 years and old! My last car was a 2006 Octavia estate, so driving the Seat feels like I am driving a limo! Having said that, the Octavia is what convinced me to buy another VAG.

Anyway, I am looking for some advice on the following if anyone can help:

Bike racks - can anyone recommend a complete setup/kit to accommodate two (kids) bikes on the roof?

Mapping- compared to the Octavia (a 2.0 Tdi PD), the Seat (1.6 CR) feels a little unresponsive, especially at low revs due to less torque. Before anyone asks, I was actually on the lookout for a low mileage 2.0 CR 150bhp but my budget wouldn’t allow). Given that I have a growing family (as the bike racks suggest), I have been thinking about getting the car Stage 1 mapped at nearby Celtic Tuning, which would theoretically bring it more in line with a 2.0 Tdi, but what are the cons (if any)? I don’t intend to hammer it but it would be nice to have a bit more on tap when it came in useful.

Any feedback most welcome!

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
I'm looking at a map for my elderly 2012 1.6 ecomotive.
Down sides are minimal, I've researched this more than anyone should, you need a good clutch, and pay attention to engine servicing, fluids pipes etc. Extra boost and fuelling.
I'm more interested in the torque so I'll not be reving the engine much more than I do now, smooth is fast you know.

Also I'm in Cornwall, wasson.

Jun 26, 2023
I'm looking at a map for my elderly 2012 1.6 ecomotive.
Down sides are minimal, I've researched this more than anyone should, you need a good clutch, and pay attention to engine servicing, fluids pipes etc. Extra boost and fuelling.
I'm more interested in the torque so I'll not be reving the engine much more than I do now, smooth is fast you know.

Also I'm in Cornwall, wasson.
Yeah you?!
Hi Andy, thanks for your reply.
Yes, I have read about clutch, turbo and insurance being the main cons, but like you, I am only considering it for the torque anyway.
Celtic Tuning have quoted 300 quid for a stage 1 map.

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
There's a place off the bypass near probus too, Collins I think. I imagine they are all similar tho.
I need a clutch before a remap tho.
It's a sizable torque boost too.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Forum Sponsor
Sep 27, 2016
Hi.
If you have any issues with insurance at all for a re-map then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.