Help!!! Somethings gone wrong...

_AJ

Ex - Ibiza Cupra
Apr 11, 2006
Essex
Was driving my 2001 Cupra yesterday as normal, when one of the warning lights comes on on the dashboard.
It's on the last row near the trip, in the middle and is orange in colour. What is it? What does it mean???

Car feels and drives exactly the same... no different then normal.

_AJ

Ex - Ibiza Cupra
Apr 11, 2006
Essex
Just had a search around the internet and found what it looks like....

eng_man_light_72.jpg

Which l now guessing and know is the Engine Management Warning

So what could be wrong with my Cupra, even though it feels and drives exactly the same?????

RichN

Collecting Rings
Jan 29, 2005
Oxford
www.Oxford7s.net
Just had a search around the internet and found what it looks like....

eng_man_light_72.jpg

Which l now guessing and know is the Engine Management Warning

So what could be wrong with my Cupra, even though it feels and drives exactly the same?????

..could be a whole lot of things. Get somebody with VagCom to plug in and read the error directly from the engine management.

or you could buy the VagCom serial cable, if you have a laptop, and have a look yourself. Still cheaper than talking it to the dealer, who will charge you.

It could be anything (but to give you an example, mine recently displayed the same light because my coolant temperature sensor was giving impossible values.. any of the sensors could be providing out of range values)

Rich

_AJ

Ex - Ibiza Cupra
Apr 11, 2006
Essex
what does the engine sound like? does the revs increase and drop constantly? and does the car sound like its having trouble breating at idle?

Nah was running fine when the light flashed on and drove fine.
When stopped couldn't hear or see anything irratic with the running at all!

Am stumped a little as to why it has flashed up??? :confused:

Thinking the VAG COM is probably the way to go...
Anyone in the Essex area want to do me a favour??? :D

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
could be nothing

my guess is if its running without issues, its a secondary air injection leak fault code
but only way to know is to get it scanned. or if your feeling confident theres nothing wrong just disconnect the battery briefly and it'll be cleared

we could put up some stakes and see who guesses right! :roflmao:

seli_babe

Don't Mess....
Nov 22, 2005
Bedfordshire
u can do as acidstrato says about the battery and if it comes back on then Vag it..

Could just be having a moment lol... but generally always better to get it checked out..

shaunmc263

could be the service light
same light was on mine at 70000 miles and it needed serviced

_AJ

Ex - Ibiza Cupra
Apr 11, 2006
Essex
I might give the battery idea a go at the weekend???

The service light has been flashing previously, can't recall whether it has stopped due to the warning light coming on though :think:

Anyone local to Essex with VAG COM then????

Last edited:

seli_babe

Don't Mess....
Nov 22, 2005
Bedfordshire
I might give the battery idea a go at the weekend???

The service light has been flashing previously, can't recall whether it has stopped due to the warning light coming on though :think:

Anyone local to Essex with VAG COM then????

There is a few peeps.. wouldn't like to give out there names.. but could ask them for you if you'd like.. most of them go to the herts meet or essex meet..

Like i said if you'd like me to ask them then I can...

You just need to do disconnect it for about 30 mins mate..

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
i hate the service light!!! means spending money, its not as annoying as the fuel beep though......little off topic but hey.

If it runs the same as it normally did then its probably nothing massively important, have you checked what your external temp sensor is reading on your lcd? this can pop a fault......

_AJ

Ex - Ibiza Cupra
Apr 11, 2006
Essex
I haven't been out in it since, so not sure if the what the external temp sensor is reading... but will check this later.

So back at seli_babe or anyone else out there in the Essex area with VAG COM????

seli_babe

Don't Mess....
Nov 22, 2005
Bedfordshire
I haven't been out in it since, so not sure if the what the external temp sensor is reading... but will check this later.

So back at seli_babe or anyone else out there in the Essex area with VAG COM????

I've sent a PM to a few that I know have it.. given them linky to this thread. I hope one of them helps ya.. good luck mate

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
could be nothing

my guess is if its running without issues, its a secondary air injection leak fault code
but only way to know is to get it scanned. or if your feeling confident theres nothing wrong just disconnect the battery briefly and it'll be cleared

we could put up some stakes and see who guesses right! :roflmao:

My bet's the same as yours!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members