HIDs

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
Im looking at fitting some HIDs soon, and was wondering if anyone could tell me where the best place to get them is, also if anyone in the north west has fitted them as im a bit of an idiot when it comes to car electrics and was wondering if i could bring the car and parts to you for some assistance in fitting.

i decided to opt for the leather interior instead of the Bi-xenons, couldnt bring myself to pay that much for them

thanks

ChrWh

Feb 24, 2008
I am also in the north west, and wouldnt mind a set, but don't have the foggiest in where to start...

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
looks like we are in the same boat,

you know what they say two heads are better than one, we should do a bit of digging and then try fitting them together, it cant be that hard, just need a good guide

ChrWh

Feb 24, 2008
i know you can pick up kits for around £100 its just the fiting, ive heard that you have to make "modifications" to the headlight housing...

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
yeah it depends whether you want to hide the ballasts properly, ill have a good hunt try and find a good guide, i really want the blue lights as i think the factoy lights look a bit crumby on a white car

Sinan

Toronegra!
Dec 1, 2009
Turkey - Izmir
www.vagturk.net
yeah it depends whether you want to hide the ballasts properly, ill have a good hunt try and find a good guide, i really want the blue lights as i think the factoy lights look a bit crumby on a white car

HID = Xenon bulbs? Dude, go for bi-xenon lights again. It is the only thing that I want that bad atm. I don't want to use xenon bulbs for stock headlights...

Leather interior vs Bi-xenon lights.. My vote goes to bi-xenon lights.

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
already bought the car mate, and i couldnt justify spending that much when i can just get blue bulbs, for me leather wins hands down, its really nice, and makes the car look smart

Sinan

Toronegra!
Dec 1, 2009
Turkey - Izmir
www.vagturk.net
already bought the car mate, and i couldnt justify spending that much when i can just get blue bulbs, for me leather wins hands down, its really nice, and makes the car look smart

o, situation changed then :D You may go for custom made headlights, which has lenses to light effectively + greatly reduce irregular lightning.

Sinan

Toronegra!
Dec 1, 2009
Turkey - Izmir
www.vagturk.net
what sort of prices are you talking, you know any places that do them, ie websites?

well, I know some places locally but it does not help this situation.. Plus, they are "real hand make custom" applications, you bring them your headlights or buy new ones, they open it and assemble lenses. Lenses does not cost much, but opening, assembling and re-closing the headlights takes time and requires talent to do. The price is around £120 just for assembling + lenses. If you want to use xenon bulbs, you have to buy them as an extra too.

They are local, sorry but can't help for this. :(

Sinan

Toronegra!
Dec 1, 2009
Turkey - Izmir
www.vagturk.net
hmm ill have a look for something like that local, might just get some blue bulbs for now lol

careful, that halogen bulbs which has white or blue colours will decrease your line of sight, especially when raining or snowing. I was planning to buy halogen bulbs istead of xenon bulbs, I wanted some classy look - white lighting. But after some search, learnt those things that I told. If you want classy look + not to be blind while rain or snow + not to make others blind because of irregular lightning, you must find somewhere local that applies lenses to headlights, then use xenon bulbs. If you don't want to do so, then don't touch headlights. Just a suggestion from someone who dig a lot about this.

Dec 3, 2009
I'm sorry but HIDs are illegal!

If u fit HIDS on a standard halogen it causes soo much glare and the beam pattern is not focused!

1. is that you need projector headlamps to focus the beam more sharply and won't glare on coming traffic!
2. you need automatic levelling.
3. Jet wash cleaners to clean the headlamps from dirt!

You can get H7R bulbs, which have a little strip on the bulb so it won't glare other drivers but i'm not sure if they really work! i know the new civic has them called D2R.

if u want blue HIDs light get 8000k which is like skyblue!

if u go on youtube and type in HIDs i'm sure you can find the auto express video about illegal HIDs.

Hope this helps :D

Sinan

Toronegra!
Dec 1, 2009
Turkey - Izmir
www.vagturk.net
I'm sorry but HIDs are illegal!

If u fit HIDS on a standard halogen it causes soo much glare and the beam pattern is not focused!

1. is that you need projector headlamps to focus the beam more sharply and won't glare on coming traffic!
2. you need automatic levelling.
3. Jet wash cleaners to clean the headlamps from dirt!

You can get H7R bulbs, which have a little strip on the bulb so it won't glare other drivers but i'm not sure if they really work! i know the new civic has them called D2R.

if u want blue HIDs light get 8000k which is like skyblue!

if u go on youtube and type in HIDs i'm sure you can find the auto express video about illegal HIDs.

Hope this helps :D
was trying to tell this, you need lenses + jet wash cleaners to use xenon bulbs legally.

Dec 3, 2009
Yeah illegal!

There are websites that sell HIDs with H7Rs now, soo look in to them.

Hmmm they are pretty much easy to fit i.e. plug and play! but be warned if u don't fit the end cap for the headlamp it will steam the headlamp up, and then after that it will turn to water which can break the manual levelling. :D