hissing all the way though the revs

jason-jm

Sep 13, 2007
:confused:It sounds like theres a big build up of air under my bonnet, even witha standard DV is this normal?

jason-jm

Sep 13, 2007
Im getting major flat spots.. Ive had a standard DV and a recirc dv.. both do the same :(

H8T WP

have you lifted bonnet and revved it? check for boost leaks ! do you have a boost gauge ? whats your vacuum on idle

jason-jm

Sep 13, 2007
il have a look for boost leaks tomorrow when its light...

I dont have no gauge to tell me :(

you think if its a split pipe or pipe come loose this would cause flat spots?

Its odd how its worse sometimes though :(

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
if theres a split vac hose then it may feel like its performing as normal and then all of a sudden hits a wall and there no more power or it could just not boost at all

usually its not difficult to spot a leak as they are fairly audible even on idle so an ear of the engine is all thats needed, but sometimes they can be a pain in the arse and may require you to spot check every vac hose

logging with vagcom can also identify a leak

jason-jm

Sep 13, 2007
:confused:
if theres a split vac hose then it may feel like its performing as normal and then all of a sudden hits a wall and there no more power or it could just not boost at all

usually its not difficult to spot a leak as they are fairly audible even on idle so an ear of the engine is all thats needed, but sometimes they can be a pain in the arse and may require you to spot check every vac hose

logging with vagcom can also identify a leak

I couldnt hear any under the bonnet, Its only when Im driving it :(

silverback

I get quite loud hiss from 150 tdi Toledo after hard on the accelerator and off again. Quite audible inside the car and with the window down. Have had no loss of power and checked the hoses around the intercoler. Everything looks grand. Must just be the type of her.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members