hissing noises

Georgie

WADDA YA WANT.. EH?!
Nov 27, 2005
FLEET
on the way back from snetterton yesterday noticed a hissing noise from car.

only under load, significant power loss now, wont get past 100, sooting a fair amount (well seems more than normal to me)

vagcom comes up with faults on the manifold pressure sensor and manifold temperature sensor.

will have it on on monday morning to the dealers but desperatly need it for tuesday for a carlimits day...

thoughts on warentee and that kinda bull

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
all suggesting a leak, but you knew that already

excessive smoking confirms what vagcom suggests

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
probably just a popped hose, head under bonnet inspection would be well advised

if it's damp for your tuesday day do you want kind of unburnt diesel on the track?

Georgie

WADDA YA WANT.. EH?!
Nov 27, 2005
FLEET
had someone have a look under the bonnet and couldnt see anything off anywhere. seems to be getting worse tho.. which suggestes a split something or another as apposed to someing having popped off. as at first there was no power loss and it was happily going above 100 but now it just gets to about 103 / 3K revs and just dosnt want to do any more.

the carlimits day is hopefully gonna help me understand the handeling abilty of my car... however thoughts are in place and as a intermediate car i think i may get some midengined rwd POS to **** round tracks to learn in so when i stuff it in to a tyre wall the bill isnt as much.

Andy has been on a few car limits days and recomends them as rather good.

Georgie

WADDA YA WANT.. EH?!
Nov 27, 2005
FLEET
Car saw dealers today, indeed a hose was broken, probally from the accident and the repariers failed to notice it.

sourced part my self as after they tried to "fix" it car went in to limp mode 5 mins down the road and was pumping out black soot..

but its all happy now.

itz got da boost back

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.