how i fitted my uni intercooler

RichFred

That looks sweet as, damn you, going to have to do mine now! Sod the stereo!

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
thanks for the kind words guys,

richfred: do it!!!!! you know you wanna :)

no probs reuvers, youve helped me out on here before :)

Adam180

May 26, 2008
Northern Ireland
me tooo

hey i was gonna put mine on yesterday but decided just to built it up, is it a must to replace all the jubilee clips? here is mine all built up ready to go on this wednesday
C5.jpg

C6.jpg

do the silicon pipes just slip over the standard ones?
did u feel a big difference in perform or is it more of an asthetic sort of thing

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
maybe now in winter not so much, but wait till summer comes. you'll notice trust me.

As shown in first page, look at the OEM intercooler. Its tiny, plus its hidden behind your wheel catching barely any cold air...

whilst this one is right upfront constantly being cooled.

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Nice guide, that'll come in handy in a few weeks time. How deep is that uni cooler you've fitted?

Do the outlets of the cooler need to be at the top to avoid trimming the bumper?

andycupra

status subject to change
great guide and will be helpful to may im sure.

what is the reason / restriction that led you to find the intercooler the 'other way up' from how it is shown in the first pic.
Ie in the first pipe the in/oulet pipes are at the bottom of the intercooler. But have been fitted with them at the top.
Is there restriction behind the bumper?
The reason i ask is that it would appear that you had to 'modify' the bumper bracket further from that shown in the first few pics to the later pics.

I was wondering at the pipework may be hidden behind the bumper better with the pipes at the bottom? or would they not be 'protected' as much?

Last edited:

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
Yeah I mounted it wrong to start with mate, the pics are progressive so some have more cut out than others etc....

knotty

Pocket Rocket
Oct 9, 2007
Shotts, Scotland
great job, you've no convinced me to pull the job forward and do this to my cupra, going to order the kit at the end of the month and get it fitted before crail. need to find somewhere that has that steel strapping i know thats good stuff to use!

Tiz Cupra

MK3 Ibiza Cupra
Jan 2, 2008
wrexham
Replacing Jubilee clips is a defo, they r proper crap, i got some mikalor style ones with the bolt on, think i got size 60-68mm off ebay, much better and only about £2 each

dai cupra

how long did it take to fit mate and also wer did u get kit from cheers

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
nice kit i have it my self jubilees are shight tho

Last edited by a moderator:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.