how i fitted my uni intercooler

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
damn, was gonna ask him for a discount!!! lol :)

stani, i just wondered if there was a specific reason thats all

Adam180

May 26, 2008
Northern Ireland
A.jpg

jus fitted mine yesterday, yes it is relitively striaght forward HOWEVER,
if u have airconditioning, your gonna have to cut small amounts of the bumper, its quite discrete so dont be scared, good sharp stanley knife does it, good luck, let me know what u think of mine on my progress thread

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
glad you did it without the mesh mate, wondered what it looked like :)

yours looks good! but how comes you cut the bumper (i have air con)?

Adam180

May 26, 2008
Northern Ireland
because the this little compresser for the aircon sits infront of the radiator, so it pushed the intercooler forward, however if u didnt have aircon, or had removed it, it would fit snuggly behind the bumper, and or the mesh, however, i like it better without the mesh,

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
yeah man it looks good! i only had the two rads on mine, no compressor so maybe you have a different setup

Dec 13, 2006
Ashford, Middx
A.jpg

jus fitted mine yesterday, yes it is relitively striaght forward HOWEVER,
if u have airconditioning, your gonna have to cut small amounts of the bumper, its quite discrete so dont be scared, good sharp stanley knife does it, good luck, let me know what u think of mine on my progress thread

Looks a tidy set up mate. Atleast i know that when i can get my new bumper i wont need to trim as much off.

Is the left hand pipe squashed abit by the bumper??

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
mines a bit less obvious with the grill in place ;)

but at the end of the day im happy with mine, and it works, lol although i slipped on ice getting out to check [B)]

tarzan

cupra owner from norway
Mar 15, 2008
drammen norway
tarzan mines not centre either though, theres just not enough room with it in centre

okey i see.looks good but i got mine i center.lbut i trimed alot more. maybe you can get som brakets from alex that i he made fore the pro alloy kit som you can move the radiator and ac further back.

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
tbh i cant be arsed with it, mines off centre by 20mm not really enough to bother me! cheers for the idea though

yours looks like its cut right into the bumper, whereas i did nothing (lazy) lol

tarzan

cupra owner from norway
Mar 15, 2008
drammen norway
tbh i cant be arsed with it, mines off centre by 20mm not really enough to bother me! cheers for the idea though

yours looks like its cut right into the bumper, whereas i did nothing (lazy) lol

was in a hurry to get it on;)but im going to bay a new bumper and do like you did but i gone have it in center;) just have to trim more

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
You know I think I like the IC more with the feeds on the bottom, so opposite to what you guys have done...?

thought that was also the way its supposed to be?

btw this is the 140mm (height) intercooler right?

stani540

Jan 21, 2007
no reason for flipping it just the pipes will fit better i think, i chopped loads off the bumper!

i found the jubilees ok i used them and its fine, didnt use them where they are on show though

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.