how i fitted my uni intercooler

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
reuvers:
ICsmallDimensions.jpg

:cheers: the strange thing is that this was the place i was going to be getting my intercooler from now i know what size i need can not wait to get it ordered and fitted:thumbup:

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
its tight, but i have air con mate and mine went :)

defo change the jubilees, i just had one pop off at 21 psi, scared the sugar out of me lol! just had to limp it home off boost! :(

gregorcupra

Nov 8, 2007
Paisley
Started fitting this tonight. Ive mounted it central and am determined it stays this way as any other way would annoy me lol , and I dont mind trimming the bumper..

Did you find that you had to run the intercooler at pretty much the same angle as the radiator ?

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
i didnt mate no, mine runs straight, fair play for doing it central, it bugs me a little bit but i can live with it, i think its more noticeable when the mesh is removed!

gregorcupra

Nov 8, 2007
Paisley
Hmm Im sure I can shift it about a bit then. Very tight fit though ! Also would the pipes not fit with the outlets to the bottom ?

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
yeah shes tight alright :)

i struggled with it at the bottom with the hose joins but if your prepared to cut a bit mate go for it!

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
hi fitted my cooler a t the weekend all is well willl post pics ,but haveing a problem at the mo with the pipe that comes off the bootom of the charge pipe it seems slightly to big for the tube to fit in there for it keeps blowing off,

it looks like it is a sleev on the end of this pipe should i remove it and ten would it fit betta

please help as this is doing my nut now

Oct 31, 2006
Cambs
It's not the one that joins in the wheel arch to the OE pipe but the one that crosses from the left had side to the right if you see what i mean joins kind just behind the subframe, not sure of it joins to the charge pipe or the TB sorry i can't remember.

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
ah yes! its the charge pipe i think (the large pipe that comes over the engine)

i must admit it id feel abit baggy when i put it in, but i clamped it up tight and seemed to be ok? im gonna get the samco kit for it anyway i think, get rid of those manky black hoses :)

Oct 31, 2006
Cambs
Thats the one, yeah we did it up tight but it cant have been tight enough by the sound of things!!

Samcos would sort the issue for sure and like you say get rid of the OE stuff.