How low are you?

wenman

Red Ibiza 1.8T
Mar 28, 2009
Cheshunt
Just wondering how much everyone has lowered their cars.
Hopefully getting some coilovers tonight and would like to drop my car to the floor!
Any known problems like CV joints going or needing to notch the chassis on the Ibiza's etc?

Apr 27, 2008
i'd go for AP coilovers. iv got a set and can't praise them enough, plus there only £390ish. iv got mine wound all the way down at the back with the adjuster cups out, and the front down to level up. website a bought them off said they lower 70mm so mines about 80mm with the cups out. i wouldn't have it any lower as now i can't even get a finger in the front or rear arches :whistle: :D
DSC00577.jpg

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Cheers for the heads up on the AP's mate! Was umming and arrrring over these!!

How comfortable is the ride compared to standard?

Jimski

Apr 27, 2008
Cheers for the heads up on the AP's mate! Was umming and arrrring over these!!

How comfortable is the ride compared to standard?

Jimski

the ride on the cupra is a little harder than the other models (i think) and the AP's do seem to be less harsh and more comfy, plus iv not heard up to now anyone say a bad word about the kit. seriously you want be disappointed

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Fk's go the lowest I beleive, but the ride is crazily hard. If I didn't love the lowness of my car as much as i do, I'd prob have to buy another, more comfortable set of coilovers.

wenman

Red Ibiza 1.8T
Mar 28, 2009
Cheshunt
what size of wheels you got, because am not sure if theres other kits that go lower not unless you get air susepnsion

I've got standard fr 16" alloys.
May be fitting this week end will see how low it goes!

karlw

AKA Shifty - Modded LCR
Jan 29, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
Just out of interest why would you want to go so low
Surely things like speed bumps, kerbs and mulit story car parks wold be a pain!
My LCR is low on FK coil overs but no where near as low as it could go otherwise i wouldnt be able to go anywhere

knackerdecobre

My sump is 2" off the floor and I don't have problems with speedhumps! TBF I don't like multistorey car parks and try to avoid them anyway, even in a standard car

May 22, 2009
South Wales
IMG00079-20100131-1646.jpg

mine is all the way down on the back with the adjustors taken out and about half way down on front! cant make any lower as the sump is about 2.5 " from the floor and my wheels rub on the bumps!

wenman

Red Ibiza 1.8T
Mar 28, 2009
Cheshunt
Finally have my coilovers on, i will post pictures later.
I've taken the adjusters out on the rear so the spring just sits on the cup, has anyone had problems with the spring like this?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.