How Low?

oneofthetwins

Born Slippy
Apr 16, 2009
Banknock
Hello all,

Iam looking for coilovers or suspension for the mk4. Its got skoda vrs wheels on it at the moment and i think the cars lowered about 20mm just now but i want it allot lower so people with skoda vrs wheels please help and tell me how low you can actually go without rubbing the inside wheel arches, i was wanting to go down about 65mm but i dont know if thats possible with the alloys that are on it just now

all comments welcome )

Cheers,

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
This low [B)]

P1010782.jpg

Thats lowered roughly 40mm front and 60mm rear. The front scrubs slightly if I hit a big dip, but appart from that it's fine. I personally wouldn't go any lower

oneofthetwins

Born Slippy
Apr 16, 2009
Banknock
This low [B)]

P1010782.jpg

Thats lowered roughly 40mm front and 60mm rear. The front scrubs slightly if I hit a big dip, but appart from that it's fine. I personally wouldn't go any lower

Thats nice :p take it you all are on coilovers? i saw the ones on ebay but i am in two mind on getting them i think they are the same as yours mazzerati

mazzerati

Bags are for groceries!
Jun 27, 2008
Beverley, East Yorkshire
probably are. rokkor? (rebranded racelands) everyone is in two minds about them lol, i got them cos of the price and i arnt regretting it. :) rides same as before just a lot lower to the ground. makes for lots of headbashing getting in and out ! HA:blink:

Apr 27, 2008
just get the coilovers you want, everyone is different opinions on the ebay brand's, some say there good value for money and others say stay away from them. whichever you get, you should have no problems taking the rears down as far as they go then leveling the fronts to match. i have AP coilovers on mine and the adjuster cups are out, on 17" alloys, with 20mm rear spacers and i can't even get a finger in the front and rear arches and they still don't scrub ;)

DSC00527.jpg

DSC00258.jpg

oneofthetwins

Born Slippy
Apr 16, 2009
Banknock
just get the coilovers you want, everyone is different opinions on the ebay brand's, some say there good value for money and others say stay away from them. whichever you get, you should have no problems taking the rears down as far as they go then leveling the fronts to match. i have AP coilovers on mine and the adjuster cups are out, on 17" alloys, with 20mm rear spacers and i can't even get a finger in the front and rear arches and they still don't scrub ;)

DSC00527.jpg

DSC00258.jpg

AP's are too expensive .. iam just a first year appentice get paid pennies :( iam i right on saying if the car gets coilovers and dropped to the floor i will need shorter drop links?

Your cars lovely too mate :drool:

Apr 27, 2008
thanks mate appreciate it. AP'S ain't that expensive when compared to other coilover, £390ish. if you put lets say £50 away each week it would only take you 2 months to save up, plus there worth it.

as for drop links, you don't need shorter ones for AP's. i did get new standard drop links which where about £20 because the old ones kept knocking.

oneofthetwins

Born Slippy
Apr 16, 2009
Banknock
:(
thanks mate appreciate it. AP'S ain't that expensive when compared to other coilover, £390ish. if you put lets say £50 away each week it would only take you 2 months to save up, plus there worth it.

as for drop links, you don't need shorter ones for AP's. i did get new standard drop links which where about £20 because the old ones kept knocking.

Money burns holes in my pockets :( it would be a good mod to do but a might see how the money goes.. i need to put ma car in to fix my passenger door because it wont open at all :blink: costing a bit to fix :(

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise