how much is my car worth?

Oct 2, 2006
hi people, im considering selling my car and having a change maybe, dare i say it to maybe a diesel, how much do people consider to be a fair price? its a mk3 ibiza cupra 1.8 20VT on a 2001 47000 miles fssh in red,10 months tax, 10 months mot it has a jabba re map and green cotton hurricane filter, bailey chrome recirculating dv, full milltek cat back system and milltek downpipe and race cat,N249 bypass done,forge tip,laguna fmic,nomad double 52mm pillar with boost gauge and oil pressure gauge, to sell i will put the standard wheels back on and they have virtualy brand new pirrelli p zero neros on there and had recent pads and discs and of course the usual problematic things like a new maf just fitted two weeks ago and four new coil packs about just over a year ago, any opinions or help in this matter much appreciated ta

Oct 2, 2006
hi iv tried posting pics on here but have had a bit of trouble posting, yes my car is on standard suspension.however i did put a pic on here but it was months ago now though.

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
£4,000 to £4500 I would guess. You are best off returning it to near as standard and selling the bits separately.
I know when I bought a Mk3 cupra I wanted one as near to standard as possible.

Steve GTI

Feb 26, 2007
Well i'm looking for one with mods tbh, i know how ibiza's are usually looked after and you can tell if you know them if they aren't good. TBH i've been looking at Ibiza's and they have dropped in price, there is one on pistoheads for £6000 with 27k miles. I'd say yours is worth £4500 without looking at it though noone on here could say.

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
Didn't pay anywhere near that for mine and that's an X plate with 72k miles, revo, no other mods, tax and test.
There is a guy selling his X plate black cupra in the for sale section for £4,500 and it has been there a few weeks now.

Steve GTI

Feb 26, 2007
Depends how desperate he is to sell tbh, if he wants a quick sale put it £4500, if you want to hold out for a better price then price it higher but tbh £5500 would be max imo, for £6000 you can get R's, or very very low mileage cupra's.

Steve GTI

Feb 26, 2007
Well you say his is worth £4-£4.5k, yours has higher miles, less mods, and older, i'd say knock a grand off.

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
Exactly, but the point I'm trying to make is that everyone seems to think its worth ~5.5k which if mine is worth £1000 less then mine must be worth £4500.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members