How to activate the blind spot monitoring?

May 7, 2023
I’m sure I saw somewhere that the led light strip in the dash should go orange on the edges when someone is in your blind spot but can’t find the setting anywhere?

I have the 245 petrol vz1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hitonthechin

Jan 18, 2023
The blind spot monitoring is part of the Safety Pack, which is not standard on the VZ1, this is only standard on the VZ2/3.
If you didn't purchase this as an additional add-on it won't be available on your car.

May 7, 2023
The blind spot monitoring is part of the Safety Pack, which is not standard on the VZ1, this is only standard on the VZ2/3.
If you didn't purchase this as an additional add-on it won't be available on your car.

This makes sense. Thank you for clarifying

Chrismalkinuk

Nov 17, 2015
Stoke on Trent

I have the VZ2 and mine don’t have it. I have the funky wrap around lights but no blind spot. Can we add it via vcds?

Hitonthechin

Jan 18, 2023
I have the VZ2 and mine don’t have it. I have the funky wrap around lights but no blind spot. Can we add it via vcds?

This was only standard from MY23 onward so if you have a 21 or 22 MY then it was extra and included in the Safety Pack add-on

Reactions: Chrismalkinuk

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Can it be coded in do we know?

Unfortunately, I don’t think it’s just a case of coding in blind spot monitoring. If it’s the same as the mk8 Golf, blind spot monitoring requires additional sensors that are located behind the rear bumper cover (and presumably requires additional wiring too).

Chrismalkinuk

Nov 17, 2015
Stoke on Trent
Unfortunately, I don’t think it’s just a case of coding in blind spot monitoring. If it’s the same as the mk8 Golf, blind spot monitoring requires additional sensors that are located behind the rear bumper cover (and presumably requires additional wiring too).

Dammit!!! lol
Do you know if I can code at ACC? I have standard cruise with all the radar etc. been trying to find if I can get the road signs to display on the dash too. My Audi was so much simpler to code

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Dammit!!! lol
Do you know if I can code at ACC? I have standard cruise with all the radar etc. been trying to find if I can get the road signs to display on the dash too. My Audi was so much simpler to code

Sorry, I have no idea.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.