Hpfp seizing on revo 2+

Poverty

Molly Grease will do nothing to prevent your HPFP from seizing. Poor quality HPFP sieze for many different reasons such as design, manufacturing defects, contamination, broken or leaking seals, etc. Often the only way to see this is to install the pump in your vehicle and pray nothing bad happens. Sometimes you have a bad reused seal that leaks fuel over time. You'll never see this happening till you find your oil is diluted with fuel.

Back to molly Grease - since most people clean oil off their cam followers to check for wear before installing a new HPFP, APR suggests coating the follower surface with molly grease for an extra layer of protection upon the first startup. direct cam on cam follower without a layer of oil or grease in between is less than ideal as one could imagine!

If I understand you correctly you are speaking about the Rail Pressure Sensor located on far left hand side of the High pressure fuel rail and not the rail relief valve located on the right side. You are speaking about the actual sensor, correct?

YOU DON'T WANT TO SWAP THIS PART*

* There are several different versions of this part. Some are simply revisions of the current part in your car - you can use those, but others are totally different versions that read completely differently. Installing a miss matched part will give you a boat load of headaches. The ECU will not be calibrated to read this sensor correctly. It will report the wrong rail pressure. It will either report too high or too low. This may cause you to look for other 'issue' while the real issue is simply a mismatched part. I'd highly suggest you not change this part with a mismatched part.

Hi Arin, welcome to SCN im glad you have joined the site as you are very knowledgeable.

I think this is the part number as to what people are fitting to their cars to sort out the flat spot. 079 130 757 0 - its the one located under the inlet manifold.

Have you got any knowledge as to why some cars suffer with a flat spot at 5200rpm, and others dont? Does APR have any flat spot issues at around 5200rpm with their k04 kit or software? Quite a few revo cars seem to be affected, and some are reporting that its a fuelling issue, and that fitting the rs4 valve fixes the problem, but others say it doesnt work for them so quite confused by it all really.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Wee souveneir from my travels this week

04042010009.jpg

Al

Aug 29, 2005
The other side of the chair lad. This is the problematic standard valve everyone is speaking about. This one came from my car. The remote gives an idea of size.

Arin@APR

Have you got any knowledge as to why some cars suffer with a flat spot at 5200rpm, and others dont? Does APR have any flat spot issues at around 5200rpm with their k04 kit or software? Quite a few revo cars seem to be affected, and some are reporting that its a fuelling issue, and that fitting the rs4 valve fixes the problem, but others say it doesnt work for them so quite confused by it all really.

I can't quote the image above

This [image above with remote behind it] is the rail relief valve, and not the rail sensor. Totally different part. This will not cause the issues I addressed in my previous message.

I'm not quite sure what you mean about a flat aspot at 5200 rpm's. I upgraded to a full APR K04 setup back in 2007 and have not suffered from this issue. The R8 rail relief valve will simply allow more rail pressure. IF you are not requesting enough rail pressure to crack open your oem piece and if your oem piece is fine there's no real benefit to swapping it out.