Hybrid K04 Turbo Discussion

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
1.8bar and internals not reccommended?

you sure about that?

Only going from what Sie has told me, ive not seen any logging as of yet.

Chipped cars are running 1.55bar at the moment, im sure he says 1.8bar max with 1.4 flow at red line! (Or that is what it is capable of)

Im sure Sie, will confirm/deny this when he comes on:)

Power levels of 315-320bhp max so surely no need for internals Bill?

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
well me and scotty are in the same boat we both have revo so it would be good to see what revo have to say aswell, I am not saying yes yet guys so dont count me as a def but i am interested and will keep my eyes on this thread, i will also speak to my mate with an LCR and see if i can tempt him

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Well garret recon that internals are only a thought for there turbo and i doubt this one will flow more?

I was told 350-380 bhp is where you want to think/get internals etc so should be fine on this little turbo?

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Songman just changed his rods buddy for his IHI34/20 running around 370

Although this turbo is going to produce no where near that amount of figure, low 300's at best!

I enquired about IHI a couple of weeks back at jabba and they said unless going above 340-350 there was no need, the engine is strong enough:)

I have been running 400lbft through my rods for the last 18mths and not an ounce of bother:)

Not sure about the 1.8 figure bill, it may just be a spike but its definitely designed for 1.4bar at red line. Sie is holding 1.55bar and it hasnt been mapped properly yet.

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
By 1mm lol, its the pins which i think are larger. 20mm as opposed to 19mm, or is it 19mm as opposed to 18mm lol:D

Engine will be fine with this turbo, im sure:)

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
your doing well boys you are selling it to me keep coming up with the info and hopefully a low price if not low enough i will spend all my spending money for the states on one out there lol

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
it would be good if i got one as i am the only one with the PACE FMIC too so would be interesting to get all our cars on the rollers after and see what comes of it

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
I didnt thinkk they were on a AMK engine if so bargain another plus

Its never been confirmed or denied yet mate as i dont think a 210 AMK has been stripped down yet. I dont even think jabba know themselves:D

The AMK was only released for a short time and it was thought that it was made up of the last batch of the stronger rods before the BAM was introduced.:shrug:

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
what about the exhaust manifold even with the 3" DP the manifold is still restrictive so how will you flow 300bhp through the standard manifold

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
The manifold is no doubt choking things up but that can be changed at a later date when 1 is designed for the K04 lol and at a sensible price:)

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
also are there not hybrid turbos in this country that would be easier to organise a group buy with and save on postage just thinking of the options

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
also are there not hybrid turbos in this country that would be easier to organise a group buy with and save on postage just thinking of the options

Yes but at around £1500 and they are not tested. At least Sie has tested this turbo from the states which i why people are interested.:)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.