I Am Getting Ready

Jagger

Feb 24, 2024
Well another two months today out of four months total until the preliminary delivery date of my new Xcellence Lux Ibiza.

I feel I am a bit in unchartered territory. Knew nothing about Seats before ordering it and I do not know anyone who owns one.

I love cars and have for the past 53 years always done my own maintenace and fixed just about all problems which have arisen, including stripping down engines, gearboxes and suspension, other than during the warranty period of the new cars I have purchased. I am in resaonable health and plan to carry on doing that for the foreseeable. Feel very disappointed that Haynes no longer produce manuals and that there seems to be very little technical reference on the internet, although I guess questions will be answered on such matters on this forum.

Been doing a lot of research, including looking at questions and problems of others raised on this forum. Bit disappointed that there seem to be many pretty basic faults raised indicating the Ibiza may not be particularly reliable or well made.

Going to buy a new OBD reader to change a few basic settings and to be prepared for possible fault codes. I have an old wired reader from cira 2001 but it is clear they have developed considerably, particularly as now they are available with bluetooth. Probably going to get a Carista and use with their software and car scanner as they seem to cover most things I will need.

Last night I finished reading the 326 pages of a downloaded Owners Manual. Fear it is going to take hours if not days to set everything up to operate how I will want it. Certainly the Ibiza has the most complecated electronic gadgets I have experienced in a car. Thinking that many of these are a recipe for disaster as far as reliablity is concerned. Still I guess that will be fun and rewarding.

Just want my new car now.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members