ibiza 1.2 12V induction kit

dionbee93

R.I.P - Colin McRae
Feb 18, 2009
Llanllyfni, North Wales
hi all, im new to this site and im looking to buy an induction kit or some other form of filter upgrade.
Is it possible to get an induction cone for an ibiza 1.2 12v?
I think (not sure) that the filter is inside the engine cover?

Thanks in advance,

Dion!

L14M_T

THE JOYS OF A 1200cc
Jan 14, 2009
RCT, South Wales
if you go ahead with it let me know what the outcome is like because i fancy buying a closed intake for my 1.2 but dont know how it will effect it

Housey

i'm looking at the K&N filter for the 1.2 myself, i've taken the engine cover off to have a peek and see whats needed and its pretty straight forward although equally i agree with stezo2k, im feeling the cupra haha

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
i wouldn't bother with the induction kit really, alot of money for no gains really.
I went down the panel filter route. Got a green cotton one in mine, can't say ive noticed much power difference but there is a little more grunt when accelerating, although its difficult to tell with the zorst :)

dionbee93

R.I.P - Colin McRae
Feb 18, 2009
Llanllyfni, North Wales
i wouldn't bother with the induction kit really, alot of money for no gains really.
I went down the panel filter route. Got a green cotton one in mine, can't say ive noticed much power difference but there is a little more grunt when accelerating, although its difficult to tell with the zorst :)

is yours a 1.2?
if so, how much and where did you get yor filter?
I found demon tweeks to be expensive and halfords even more!
Thanks,

Dion!

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
is yours a 1.2?
if so, how much and where did you get yor filter?
I found demon tweeks to be expensive and halfords even more!
Thanks,

Dion!

Yeah mines a 1.2

I bought mine off guiness ( a member on here). Most places sell them for about £35.

Try potn.com they seem to be reasonable.

YorkIbiza

Jan 8, 2008
York, North Yorkshire
I have a k&n induction kit on my 1.2, like most you dont see much of an improvement in acceleration if any, but it does make the engine sound a lot better. I for one am glad I have got one just to stop it sounding like a milk float.

Easy to fit aswell, bought mine off the legend and master of the 1.2's mixupz.

Housey

thats the only reason i want the induction kit on mine to be fair, obviously there isn't going to be a power gain but it cures the the little 3 cylinder's little whine haha

Erentz

I have a K&N panel filter for 1.2 ibiza mk4 if anyone wants to buy it.

£35 was only used for 1 week

onepointtwo

K&N on e bay

scott does that filter sit directly on the butterfly valve? or whatever the correct name for that valve is. and do you find if it makes a difference

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.