Infotainment System Lighting

monkeynuts

TIME FOR BED SAID "Z"
Oct 2, 2003
Area 51
Visit site
At the bottom of the Infotainment System you have controls for Heating Temp and Sound Volume but when its dark these do not light up .

Have I missed a setting or is my System not well :sick:

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
No, you’ve not missed a setting, nor is it an indication your system’s unwell - that’s just the way they are.

Lots of discussions on many VAG forums of VAG’s ‘oversight‘ to illuminate these slider panels for heating and volume adjustment below the infotainment screen.

monkeynuts

TIME FOR BED SAID "Z"
Oct 2, 2003
Area 51
Visit site
No, you’ve not missed a setting, nor is it an indication your system’s unwell - that’s just the way they are.

Lots of discussions on many VAG forums of VAG’s ‘oversight‘ to illuminate these slider panels for heating and volume adjustment below the infotainment screen.
Cheers For the reply .How they could design it this way is beyond me and dangerous at night looks like I will have to add something so I can see

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Cheers For the reply .How they could design it this way is beyond me and dangerous at night looks like I will have to add something so I can see
It does certainly seem to be an oversight.

There’s a view by some that backlighting of that panel isn’t necessary as the audio volume can be adjusted using the steering wheel controls, and the climate control can be set to auto to maintain the desired temperature. Whilst I agree it’s less of an issue with the audio volume, even in cars that I’ve owned auto climate control I’ve still found there were situations when I’d need to make temperature adjustments when the climate control was set to ‘auto’ (not currently an issue for me as my 2020 VW has conventional illuminated rotary knobs for heating, ventilation and A/C).

The last car I owned without illuminated heating controls was a mk1 Ford Fiesta back in 1980-1982………🤔

Reactions: Seastormer
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members