Is it safe to have a 1.6 seat leon 57plate remapped?

leon_lib

seat leon FTW
Dec 22, 2008
burnley
hi all iv got a 1.6 seat leon 57plate, i know someone who owns a garage and he said he could map my car or flash the ecu he said it will give me abit more power by derestricting the engine.
i.e more airflow more fuel = more power (about 20bhp) he said hell do it for free im just wondering is it safe to do?
is same as a normal map for a turbo car but for a n/a petrol car can you see it causing any trouble with the engine? he said its just minor changes to the ecu and can be changed back any time.

cheers lib

benskin07

Apr 26, 2009
South Wales - Cardiff
HI Leon

I had a 1.6 fsi standard think it was around 112bhp i believe. Had it remaped which gave me a gain of 10bhp and added a air filter and a custom exhaust as the standard didnt look the business. Car was around 130bhp. Most power engine could better with out change bits and go into £££. But did no damage to engine or any thing and i did 15,000 miles in the car without problems. And as you said can always go back to standard.

So dont worry wont course any damage to your 1.6 seat leon

Ashley

Last edited:

courtster

hi all iv got a 1.6 seat leon 57plate, i know someone who owns a garage and he said he could map my car or flash the ecu he said it will give me abit more power by derestricting the engine.
i.e more airflow more fuel = more power (about 20bhp) he said hell do it for free im just wondering is it safe to do?
is same as a normal map for a turbo car but for a n/a petrol car can you see it causing any trouble with the engine? he said its just minor changes to the ecu and can be changed back any time.

cheers lib

n/a remap wouldn't give 20hp I'm afraid... AMD do a remap for the 1.6 FSI - about 10hp max.

leon_lib

seat leon FTW
Dec 22, 2008
burnley
kk thanks guys i feel abit more confident now am i better off gettin a exhaust and airfilter before i get it mapped? if so which air filter would you recomend?

benskin07

Apr 26, 2009
South Wales - Cardiff
Good to hear, I had a K&N air filter. I emailed a place selling them as there certain ones that can do damage! Some thing to do with oil base or some thing, heard that other on another forum asn. I would go with exhaust and air filter before the map.

Ashley

kk thanks guys i feel abit more confident now am i better off gettin a exhaust and airfilter before i get it mapped? if so which air filter would you recomend?

Last edited:

leon_lib

seat leon FTW
Dec 22, 2008
burnley
Good to hear, I had a K&N air filter. I emailed a place selling them as there current ones that can do damage! Some thing to do with oil base or some thing, heard that other on another forum asn. I would go with exhaust and air filter before the map.

Ashley

Cheers for the info, im after a panel filter or a enclosed filter, dont know wat makes to get tho?

Leonidas

I no some1 whos clutch whent. Might hav happened anyway but he is runnin around 120bhp...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.