JamJay's 290bhp Ovni Yellow LCR - Latest: SOLD & Replaced With A BMW 335i Cabrio

Which Cat-Back System Should I Choose?

• Longlife Custom 3" Non-Resonated - £429 Fitted

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Hayward & Scott (Essex) 3" Non-Resonated - £550 Fitted

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Blueflame 2.76" Non-Resonated - £400 Delivered

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • Milltek 2.76" > 3" Non-Resonated - £400 Delivered

Votes: 38 39.2%
  • Powerflow Custom 3" Non-Resonated - £330 Fitted

Votes: 26 26.8%

• Total voters

JamJay

California Bound
Be good to see what you thing of these as I'm getting a set soon well the ones that damp and are height adjustable

I've had a couple of rides in LCRs with these fitted and I liked them a lot. Thet were a little stiffer than OE but nothing bad at all, if anything they felt more comfortable. I that think if I did get damping adjustables, I'd have them set to the same firmness as these.

God that was quick, bet you cant wait to get them fitted now! Not sure about the black disk as i didn't fit mine, I'm adjusting them the weekend so i can have a look for you then if you want?

That would be great, Doc. Don't go out of your way or anything but if you can slide a finger between the coils of the spring and push up the green sleeve a little, you should be able to see if there's a black plastic disc under it. The sleeve is easily pushed back down again :).

Last edited:

shaun.

converted
Mar 26, 2010
leicester
the small spring is called a helper spring its there so if the wheel comes off the floor this spring will expand and hold the main spring to stop it moving or rattling, hope this helps as i am not very good at putting things into words.

the black disc does it sit between the 2 springs?? if not could you get a closer pic so we can see

still looking awesome mate

JamJay

California Bound
I Blew My First Boost Pipe

Well that was an experience, the boost hose that goes from the charge pipe to the DV blew off at the charge pipe end. I tried to accelerate, albeit pretty hard, and I lost all power followed by a very loud whooshing sound and a deafening DV dump. I pulled over and found the offending hose popped off so I refitted it after checking for splits (there are none) and tighted it up well, the car is now performing fantasically again.

I am guessing that the RAC man removed this pipe when replacing my blown coilpack #4 the other week and has not tightened it up properly. I know that the last time I had this hose off, I tightened it up very well and have never had any issues, the car has been stationary since replacing the coilpacks. Anyway, just in case I am wrong, what else can cause this hose to blow off? Anything to check tomorrow in daylight? I am thinking that as I add pieces to this car and push its limits, the need for stronger hoses and hose clamps are becoming apparent.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Nothing really more to do mate, just make sure you use a decent clamp on it, as you say it might not have been tightened properly. The only other thing I can think of is check/service your dv in case it was sticking and failing to dump the charge air but I have never heard of this.

It's quite worrying when this happens, it's happened me a few time with my ic before I changed the pipes, for a split second all sorts of stuff runs thru your head and then it's a relief when u just see it was a blown hose.

Last edited:

JamJay

California Bound
I serviced my DV last week and even polished the exterior up again so that should be fine but the more I think, the more I reckon Mr RAC made a boo boo. I did check over his work once he was gone as I'm particular about my car but I overlooked this area, seeing as when I changed my spark plugs I didn't need to removed any boost hoses to do it.

I did sh*t myself, I'll be honest. The first thing I thought was blown turbo followed by split TIP (although it's silicone already) or TOP or perhaps that the TIP had fallen off of the turbo, all of which would mean a tow home and missing our dinner reservation. Luckily I had the engine cover on and I found the hose clip laying on the rocker cover so it was an easy job.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
It is a very nasty experience mate.

After fitting my fmic 2 months ago, the top drivers side boost hose blew off at 70mph en route to Bluewater. Worse than that was the fact I had just planted my foot to overtake into the fast lane when it happened.

Omg I have never been so worried about my car/safety as much as that incident! No boost and crawling along in busy traffic in the middle lane is far from ideal!!

It was due to the metal joiner not turning up with the fmic kit, I soon notified the seller and it was on it's way 1st class. Since that's been fitted it's never happened touch wood. Car pulls hard. You have to be so secure with your clamps bud.

That loud whooshing/growling is very weird when your hobbling along at 20mph getting it home!

George 3G

KW & Weitec
Jul 28, 2009
Herefordshire
By 15mm spacers, do you mean the two rubber 'bump stops' as I call them? I have read DPJ's installation guide and it says that I should remove these?

I'll try to get a picture of the black disc tomorrow for you guys :)

No, it says you remove these depending on the anti roll bar configuration, remember his car is a LC not a LCR. Leave both 15mm rubbers where they are ;)

JamJay

California Bound
When are the coilovers going on JamJay? This weekend???? Good weather this weekend so no excuses?;)

Well I hope tomorrow if I can borrow a spring compressor or persuade my Dad to open up his garage on a Sunday ;). If not then next Saturday afternoon, I cannot wait!

No, it says you remove these depending on the anti roll bar configuration, remember his car is a LC not a LCR. Leave both 15mm rubbers where they are ;)

Thanks George, I'll just stick the top mounts on and get it done then :).

JamJay

California Bound
Well here's a picture of that little black plastic disc that I was on about, you can see it just below the green sleeve. Any ideas?

utf-8BSU1HMDAyMTMtMjAxMDEwMTAtMjIxMi5qcGc.jpg

JamJay

California Bound
Adjustable Top Mounts Found

Thanks Chris & Aimee, looks like they're ready to go on then. Roll on this weekend :).

I have also found these, thanks to another member.

clubsportmounts.jpg

http://www.venommotorsport.com/manu...on&product=FrontCSMounts&make=Seat&model=Leon

They're sure pricey but as I plan to run my car rather low, they could help quite a lot. I am going to do some more research into the benefits and negetives of this product first but if I am tweeking the ride height from time to time or adjusting the stiffness of ARBs when I get them, it could prove worth while.

Last edited:

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
Lovely looking bit of kit, but they're very expensive. I'll be interested to hear the benefits of fitting these.

When you you getting your coilovers fitted matey?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.