K1 Update

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
Nice piece of kit, I wish my FR Tsi had the body job. Do you not find that the central exhaust throws up a lot of soot [ it was a big problem on the new Mini Cooper S] over the boot and valance, co's my std twin pipe does and it didn't happen so much when I had the FR Tdi !?!

Nobber

3rd times a charm!
Jul 25, 2001
Newbury
I don't see much soot in all honesty buddy and well I also have a 59 plate Mini Cooper S on the drive at home what doesn't kick up much soot either.

Having said that, with a white car anyway, especially in this weather, it's nearly always dirty!!

Did I just read that right? Your TSI makes more soot that your TDI?!? :blink:

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
I didn't mind the noise on my own too, but have a wife, 2 step kids and a 2yr old Yellow Lab who didn't appreciate the noise that resonates through the cabin. I even dynamatted the 'ventilation' holes that are in the rear bumper/boot floor area to try and combat it, but it still droaned.

The current setup I have works for me, but if I was single....it'd be full on noise!

Do you have the ITG intake Dave?

I use the forge intake (i still need to readjust it) its not as loud as the ITG.

Nobber

3rd times a charm!
Jul 25, 2001
Newbury
The ITG is very loud too, sounds like a Dyson under the bonnet! I'm still not sure on the noise as it sounds like i'm running a blow-off valve which I'm probably a bit old for these days!!

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
Heh there are even louder ones too. I have removed my blow-off valve got a bit boring for me but then again once you have the twintake and a fully exhaust bolted on the valve is more or less not there. all good though :) looking forward to ther other mods your going to add on.

Nobber

3rd times a charm!
Jul 25, 2001
Newbury
Thanks Dave. I can't wait either. Fuel pump and remap adjustment is next, then see what it's kicking out. Not sure if the injectors can go in without the big turbo or not and if they are in, if they actually gain me anything.

On the side though, I'm doing the ICE install when I actually have some time to do it and it's actually dry outside!

KzJF

Full Member on Wednesdays
Aug 7, 2009
Love every bit of that car!
Especially the wheels.
Any chance you'd give out how much it cost you in total [or in details] since stock?

Cheers mate ;)

Nobber

3rd times a charm!
Jul 25, 2001
Newbury
Love every bit of that car!
Especially the wheels.
Any chance you'd give out how much it cost you in total [or in details] since stock?

Cheers mate ;)

Sure no worries!

Car = 17k
Wheels = £250 (already had them 'in stock' just had to powder coat/get the lip painted.
Exhaust = 1k
Remap = £300
ITG = £200 (Thanks Poverty!)
Eibachs = £150
HPFP = £300 (Thanks Poverty!)
RS4 Injectors = £80 (ebay bargain!)

So all in inc Labour about 19.5k I suppose!

Thanks about it buddy!

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
Having said that, with a white car anyway, especially in this weather, it's nearly always dirty!!

Did I just read that right? Your TSI makes more soot that your TDI?!? :blink:
Yep thats right, 1st service is due in about 3k miles so will get it checked out then!?!@

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
Sure no worries!

Car = 17k
Wheels = £250 (already had them 'in stock' just had to powder coat/get the lip painted.
Exhaust = 1k
Remap = £300
ITG = £200 (Thanks Poverty!)
Eibachs = £150
HPFP = £300 (Thanks Poverty!)
RS4 Injectors = £80 (ebay bargain!)

So all in inc Labour about 19.5k I suppose!

Thanks about it buddy!

Are you getting a bigger turbos for the RS4 Injectors ? or something else ?

Nobber

3rd times a charm!
Jul 25, 2001
Newbury
the plan next year is either GT28, GT30 or go Hybrid. Not decided yet. Was wondering if putting the RS4 injectors in before hand would cause problems or be a good idea?!

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
I was thinking the same thing mate :) im planning on hybrid ko4 port & polisher etc but yea if you were to install the injectors there is no benefit for you...so keep them until you do a turbo swap (may just snag your turbo when the time comes matey hehe)

Nobber

3rd times a charm!
Jul 25, 2001
Newbury
Bought & fitted 2 new tyres yesterday. Got 235/35/19 Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's on the front now and the new Vrdestien's (spelling) on the back.

Ordered the Rev D dump valve today and the pocket for my Single DIN conversion. If I ever find time to fit these things I'll post up some more pics.

New wheels for the start of next year too I reckon!

Nobber

3rd times a charm!
Jul 25, 2001
Newbury
Loving the motor mate! Just a quick question, you still running the standard clutch? Only asking as I'm planning on doing the whole stg 2+ thing too! The modding bug has truely got it's claws in!:whistle:

Standard clutch is still in there, just. Slips very often though so it'll be getting changed to a sachs unit ASAP.

Once the modding bug bites mate, it's impossible to get rid of!!

Cheers

Nobber

Gar3th

Gareth
Jun 27, 2009
Aylesbury
Cars looking great, spotted you on the M6 going towards Birmingham at about 5mph. What eibachs are you running, looked low at the back?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.