Key fob locks, but doesn't unlock - Replace battery?

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
CaR wouldn't unlock this morning

kept pressing the unlock button but no joy

...the range on the fob has been getting progressivly worse so i thought the battery was on its way

however, the bloody thing will lock via the fob !?!? how strange

has anyone else experienced this?

also, how the hell do i take the fob apart, i've read there is a hidden screw underneath the badge....does that mean i destroy the badge?

its a Curpra R flick blade fob

...and, how am i suppose to disable the alarm now? will the key in the lock do it for me?

thanks in advance

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
You only need to undo the screw if you're changing the transponder.

The key pulls apart into two section in order for you to change the battery

Photo-0150.jpg

In the picture above you can see the bit with the blade has been separated - also in this photo the screw has been removed to split the button section to change the transponder, but you don't need to do this

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
You may need a small screwdriver to lever the two halves apart - you can see the back of the recessed section the screwdriver goes into in the photo - top left section of key, along the left edge

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
thanks

took the thing apart to see what battery i needed, put it back together and its working now

the light on the fob works now, and the range is about 15-20 meters, its never been that good!

must have been some dirt or a bad contact.

cheers

ndrew

Did the same to mine yesterday.... changed battery, worked for 2 hours and then failed.

So took the key apart and moved the contacts to the battery and it's been fine since.

How much are new keys? Flip Keys or normal????

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise