LCR Change for VXR

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
clarkson said "torque steer like a pig", if i recall.......
;)

I quite like em, but after prev. exp. of vauxhalls not 100% sure i'd do the swap myself. Having said that, Monaro any day of the week ;)

redcupratdi

Offical SCN Pole Dancer
Oct 13, 2005
cambridge
seen a few now and more i see the more i don't like, boring looking really when not glossed up in mags bit like the st.

fast but a astra

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
boring looking....hmmm

i love em...would get one if i could afford one
definitly my choice outa the current 200bhp turbo competition with the golf an focus

Pabs said:
clarkson said "torque steer like a pig", if i recall.......
;)

I quite like em, but after prev. exp. of vauxhalls not 100% sure i'd do the swap myself. Having said that, Monaro any day of the week ;)

sorry Pabs, Monaro is a Holden with a vauxhall badge, so it doesn't count :p

I wouldn't say :no: to the HSV version. 6.0 V8 with 500+BHP available :drool:

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
The 888 Diesel SRI is quicker than the VXR petrol, and £2k cheaper, thats where my money would go

morebeer

May 26, 2004
Bristol
I've got one on order to replace my very un-reliable 03 LCR. Should get it in around 4 weeks time. Got mine for £19,027.00 with crusie, climate, bluetooth, sat nav, 19" alloys and mats. Got to say cant wait. Test drove both the VXR and the ST. Prefered the VXR as it was just a little different. I felt the ST looked just too much like any other Focus, although it was a nice drive if not a little squeaky

Apr 2, 2004
Manchester
Lol saw my first Monaro yesterday, parked on the M6 Knutsford junction bridge, bonnet up, hazzard lights on, with the driver scratching his head :whistle:

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
Ant FR said:
The 888 Diesel SRI is quicker than the VXR petrol, and £2k cheaper, thats where my money would go

and thats a chipped version of the 150bhp model isn't it? Imagine what the 1.9 twin turbo diesel will remap to 260bhp maybe :D

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
TheTriple 8 0-60mph is estimated at 6.5 seconds and top speed at more than 140mph, making this model nearly as rapid as the £18,995 240bhp 2.0 petrol VXR.

not quite then....and ull be able to improve the performance of the petrol anyway

YerMother

comes and goes
Sep 22, 2004
East Midlands Drives: Scirocco GT
Ant FR said:
Not quite as quick!!

I have the 1.9 CDTI 150 (not chipped yet mind you ;)) it's a nice solid motor, sadly to say it's better put together than my LCR!

I like the VXR and with a Stage 1 remap it will be kicking out 280 BHP! :D

WeeDru

WeeDru
Jun 26, 2004
Sussex
I am a passenger in one to work pretty much and i must say, i hate vauxhalls as much as the next guy and was mocking the driver all the time for getting one, but i am very impressed with it.

It doesnt have a small boot really, the rear seats are comfortable and only a little less leg room than leon if any. It drives a lot better and smoother if run on optimax. Its no worse comfort wise than leon. Only aspect he doesnt like about the car is the amount of stone chips he's got already, shows up really bad on red.

It keeps up with an audi S4 (not RS4). He is getting a remap to 295ish BHP later next month so i'll have to let you know how good that is.

Oh also, it has a sport button which the driver seems to like and uses fairly frequently.

Fuel consumption is about 27mpg according to his comupter thingy mabob.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.