Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Would have been no use i was travelling up from titp like a zombie the whole day.

saying that a run in your car mite have woke me up.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
It was awesome Dave, little or no traction issues in the wet with new R888's

Got the knock sorted out too, seems like its due to crappy fueling so perhaps there's still more to come from the mapping.
The knock was zero with Miller's CVL Turbo and V Power all through the rev range.

Sometimes holding 1.3 BAR at red line too, so canna be all bad :)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Would have been no use i was travelling up from titp like a zombie the whole day.

saying that a run in your car mite have woke me up.
It would have, i think Keith will be searching ebay for a KO4 as we speak.
I gave him a shotty of the car to go from Beedies to his hoose and back again, he came back smiling like a cheshire cat, and thats him with a 450 BHP car too

VR6T

It was awesome Dave, little or no traction issues in the wet with new R888's

Got the knock sorted out too, seems like its due to crappy fueling so perhaps there's still more to come from the mapping.
The knock was zero with Miller's CVL Turbo and V Power all through the rev range.

Sometimes holding 1.3 BAR at red line too, so canna be all bad :)

LOL so you will be a happy boy then.....

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
LOL so you will be a happy boy then.....
OH AYE!!!

How are you detecting knock / pinking Willie?
No pinking just the ECU retarding timing due to crappy fuel.
This is being logged regularly with VAG com

I won't be using REVO but thanks for the heads up :). I am almost tempted by JBS's VVT Attack :think:

It's early days for this software yet.

I wouldn't go for it as I'm concerned its pushing things a bit too far.
Also to handling the sort of numbers there throwing about you'd have to have all the handling mods, be lokiing regularly looking for fault codes and knock, have to ensure the fuel you are using is good and be sure the VVT systems is in tip top shape as its going to get over worked in a way it was not designed to work
Numbers are just numbers

JamJay

California Bound
To be honest, I just want my car to perform the best it can within it's limits. I doubt that it'll ever go BT so rods etc are out of the question but i'd like a nicely tuned Stage 2 car that handles well. I'll go do some research I think but I haven't really heard much about AMD's stage 2, i'm currently using their stage 1 software which is quite good.

robertj

weight is the enemy
To be honest, I just want my car to perform the best it can within it's limits. I doubt that it'll ever go BT so rods etc are out of the question but i'd like a nicely tuned Stage 2 car that handles well. I'll go do some research I think but I haven't really heard much about AMD's stage 2, i'm currently using their stage 1 software which is quite good.

I can vouch for Jabba's custom map. I've had it on for nearly 2 years now and the car's never missed a beat.

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
I can vouch for Jabba's custom map. I've had it on for nearly 2 years now and the car's never missed a beat.

I'll second that, I had a Jabba Custom map on my Yellow Cupra and its was the sweetest 1.8T I've ever driven. Throttle response was nothing short of superb.

Willie,

Are you running an aftermarket TIP on your car? Your log looks very similar to the Jabba one I had on my Yellow Cupra, requesting unachievable boost at the top of the rev range. It almost looks like you could bolt a hybrid turbo on and run it on the same map.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Yup, I have a Forge TIP.
The request is high and the turbo is doing well to try and match it, sometimes making 1.3 BAR at red line.
Remembering the logs have been done in summer, so I'd expect a little improvement with colder ambient temperatures.
I have some mods that 'might' allow some better boosting further up the rev range to do.
my mapper has asked me to log the car as often as possible in differing conditions to see how things change.
I have a Forge MAP pipe with spacer (soon), this will be fitted with as little silicon as possible. I also plan to wash out my FMIC and clean the vanes as much as possibkle to allow this to work its best.
I hope to one day have a one piece or two piece hard pipe kit for my cold side of my intercooler and perhaps my hot side too. I believe this would be a very popular mod for other LCR owners so could be a nice little seller ;)

I plan to run OB more regularly and log car after every fuel fill up to ensure the fuel is good.

As I've said before I believe there is a new formula of V Power coming out so will see how this changes my knock/boost etc.

Also my engine mounts are past their best just now and I still have a blowing exhaust.
Once all of these bits are sorted out I'm sure I'll see a little improvement in the logs :)
I still don't know what I'm going to do about my leaking exhaust. It's a 2.75" CAT back so already there is additional restriction there. If I can get the flange removed and replaced for a decent price I'll do that. If not I'll look into getting a 3" CAT back.
I know its a no brainer but money has to be a consideration too.

Cupra Ross

May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Its boosting really well, Willie. I'd be very pleased with a map that produced logs like yours.

I've always been a big fan of Tesco 99RON fuel, I think they call it momentum now. If I can't get that, I use V-Power, BP Ultimate being a last resort. I find that the car has the best throttle response and top end power on the Tesco fuel.

Your map is probably making a lot of its power from timing advance, the g/s bhp calculation becomes wildly inaccurate on anything with a good map. I'm sure you knew this anyway.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Thank you Ross.
Figures are for Willy waving in the pub, my car does its talking on the track.
To have a 106,000 miles car that walks away from £60,000 so called supercars i think the g/s figure can say what it wants.

The only way anyone on the internet can judge my car is by the figures in the log, the people who have been in the car and seen it on the track know what it's abaout.

Massive thanks to Dave Manson for mapping the car and taking the time and effort to care how the car is performing and adjusting.
Not the sort of service you get from a remap dealer.
I'm happy with it, my mates who have been in it are happy with it and the mapper is happy with it.
There will always be guys with flippant comments about g/s etc etc, laughable.

I'm considering Tescos fuel TBH.
Since owning the car from 21 miles I've always used Optimax and V Power, I can honestly say there has been no more than 3 full tanks of normal unleaded in my car in the 106,000 miles.
Worth a bash to see what I'm missing, but I'm not holding my breath

Cupra Ross

May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Very true mate. When the flag drops the bullsh1t stops. Its all in how the car drives. Your log is a thing of beauty but from what has been said, its even better in the metal. I'm really pleased for you.

Aug 1, 2009
Hemel Hempstead
Just had a bit of a breeze over your last track experience, sounded like you has a great time! As ever the pictures of the car in motion make it look fantastic. You must have spent a pretty penny getting her into that state, but once on the track I bet its worth it...

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
The logs look strong mate, but i'm sure a fresh maff would yield a higher g/sec result more in keeping with your boost level. One thing to note though is that your boosting past the limit of the map sensor during two samples which is undesriable on a stock engine as rods are vunerable since i've calculated your torque as 306 ft/lbs, its worth a mention to your tuner next time maybe. Next time you go out logging can we see one of fueling out of interest. Your turbo is boosting really well, better than mine was at 6000miles never mine a 100K example. Its mid range boost holding is impressive also.
I would like that map for my hybrid. :)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Just had a bit of a breeze over your last track experience, sounded like you has a great time! As ever the pictures of the car in motion make it look fantastic. You must have spent a pretty penny getting her into that state, but once on the track I bet its worth it...
It's taken a long time and its been a gradual process.
This has aloud me to feel the difference in the car at each stage of the game.
Don't get me wrong I would have loved to be able to throw all the mods on it from day one.
There has been a fair few £'s spent, but as you say, when I got onto the track I'm pretty sure that things should all be well as the manitenance has been well kept up.

The logs look strong mate, but i'm sure a fresh maff would yield a higher g/sec result more in keeping with your boost level. One thing to note though is that your boosting past the limit of the map sensor during two samples which is undesriable on a stock engine as rods are vunerable since i've calculated your torque as 306 ft/lbs, its worth a mention to your tuner next time maybe. Next time you go out logging can we see one of fueling out of interest. Your turbo is boosting really well, better than mine was at 6000miles never mine a 100K example. Its mid range boost holding is impressive also.
I would like that map for my hybrid. :)
The MAF is less than 5,000 miles old.
the next thing to change is the MAP, which I have at hand waiting to install.
So new coil pack, spark plugs, MAF and MAP
Out of interest how did you calculate the torque?
Even at this torque the rods should be alright.
It's always been said that the OEM rods are good for 320-330 ft-lbs so could still squeeze another 15-25 ft-lbs out of my set up, lol

If you use the same formula that I used to get my figures Willie (remember mine were bang on at Wallace), it comes out at: 209 x 1.25 = 261bhp. Sound about right for a stage 2 LCR?
As I've said, figures don't concern me

Does sound right for a stage 2.

People can mock the figures of this car all they want anyway. I know for a fact it is a beast on the track/road... where it is driven! Not on a rolling road...
I'm happy

George 3G

KW & Weitec
Jul 28, 2009
Herefordshire
Regards to the torque, my friends mini (link in sig) dyno'd at 374 ftlbs at jabba, but was tuned down to 350ftlbs for smoother delivery. But... That's AMK engine code

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members