LEon 1.9tdi fr

chill-fr

Sep 9, 2009
Leeds
Looking at a 1.9tdi fr 150 on a 05 plate. The car has only done 48000 miles and has full service history which is all in it's favour.
I was just wondering what common problems these have and what kind of things can happen at this age/mileage?
Is this an age to start worrying about the turbo?

Any help to a hopefully soon to be fr owner would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Chill.

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
Just check it's had 2 year brake fluid change & it's coming upto Cambelt change time.

Turbo will last a whole lot longer if it's been looked after mate.

Has it been modded ?

chill-fr

Sep 9, 2009
Leeds
No mods mate totally std!

Haven't seen it in the flesh as yet but it's a mutual friend who has and says it all seems ok, bloke who owns it as i understand does maily motorway miles and to be honest isn't the type of guy you would expect to have a car like this?! Can't imagine it's seen much if any thrashing!!!

chill-fr

Sep 9, 2009
Leeds
What kind of wedge would i be looking at for the cambelt change??? Working to a very tight budget to get this and the last thing i wanna do is not be able to afford something as important as this?

Cheers Guys

Also read somewhere it's quite a bumpy ride in the tdi fr, is the set up alot stiffer than the std?

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
Seat quoted me over £650 for the 60K service.
I ended up going to an independent and it cost me just over £400 which also included a waterpump.
Its highly recommended that you do the waterpump at the same time as the cambelt as they are only around £30.
I've never driven any other Leon than the FR so cant really comment on how it compares with others but I dont find it bumpy, firm maybe but thats what you want with a sports diesel.

wibblehx

I've just paid £250 for a cambelt change from an independent garage.

chill-fr

Sep 9, 2009
Leeds
or you could do it yourself for the cost of parts, :p £100 from dave on here (sere motors)

A few years ago i prob would have but then the cars i had weren't worth that much!!! Also don't have a drive anymore so don't fancy doing it on road, and final nail in the coffin is i'm now married with a 3yr old so just don't have the time!!

cheers for the info guy's, anyone any thoughts on the ride??

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
slightly harsher than stock but not harsh in the slightest mate. it wont be a rolls but then again the power youll have will more than compensate. the leon handling is wooly standard, but not overly harsh

chill-fr

Sep 9, 2009
Leeds
slightly harsher than stock but not harsh in the slightest mate. it wont be a rolls but then again the power youll have will more than compensate. the leon handling is wooly standard, but not overly harsh

How would you guys rate the handling on a tdi fr+??

Does the fr+ mean anything other than a slightly different body kit??

ManOnTheMoor

Apr 22, 2007
Fr+ was simply fr with cupra bumpers and wheels, and big leon badge like mk2 if I remember. Brought out just before mk2 to move stock as they were onoffer. I nearly got one but ended up with fr as came with mats satnav boot shelf tidy and 6miles on the clock forless :) must make sure water pump changed as mine due for mot service and cambelt

Last edited:

Liam C

Hi all,
Im new on here and also looking at getting a Leon FR TDi 150 (want the one with the Cupra bumpers), just wondered is there an on-board trip computer that tells your MPG etc?

Cant wait to get my Leon :)

Liam

rich RS

Ibiza 1.4 TSI ACT 150 FR
Aug 5, 2006
Driving some where!
Hi all,
Im new on here and also looking at getting a Leon FR TDi 150 (want the one with the Cupra bumpers), just wondered is there an on-board trip computer that tells your MPG etc?

Cant wait to get my Leon :)

Liam

The FR TDi 150 model has Cupra bumpers are standard, the FR+ model has the Cupra R bumpers on them and they do have a on-board trip computer.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.