Leon Cupra AUQ FMIC (inlet outlet same side)?

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
Hi,

Im thinking of doing a universal FMIC on my Leon AUQ. I have been told its easier to get one with the inlet and outlets on the same side? Is this correct and will it affect performance at all?

What do you guys reckon?

Dec 19, 2006
I have a Forge front Mount intercooler and yeah its easier to have both outlets on the same side as for affect perfomance i'd say its best for the way it installs and if it proved to get more gains having inlet on one side and an outlet on the other side then Forge would have manufactured it that way, hope that helps

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
I have a Forge front Mount intercooler and yeah its easier to have both outlets on the same side as for affect performance i'd say its best for the way it installs and if it proved to get more gains having inlet on one side and an outlet on the other side then Forge would have manufactured it that way, hope that helps

forge do make one with the outlets on opposite sides, its for the LCR, the LC has them on the same side as it only has one intercooler, and the LCR has two, you can put the LCR inlet mani on the LC and then have the one with opposite outlets. :D

Hobbiniho

Jan 17, 2009
shetland/ Aberdeen

smivvy

Seat Leon Cupra
Apr 21, 2008
Northants
Hi buy an Intercooler with the inlet and outlet on the same side (twin pass). I don't think you can re-route the pipework back to the inlet manifold unless you have the Cupra R inlet of course as PhilC does.

Intercooler and Pipework will probably cost around £200-£250 as I think that's what i spent in the end.

You will want to look into purchasing a Turbo Intake pipe if you do not already have one to cope with incresed pressure

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise