leon cupra R onvi yellow

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Have you checked the DV? It could also be a coil pack starting to fail as the problem only seams to be there when the car is under max load (ie accelerating up hill)..

Try doing some logs going up hill and log for misfires. Just a thought mate.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Hi Richard,

It's been a couple of months since I last logged on; sorry I missed your private message!

I see that the spraying has got well under way! The white has broken up the bay nicely! Yes, I used spray paint for the engine bay plastics. I used U-Pol Professional in matt black with a U-Pol lacquer. I like the U-Pol stuff because it's in a higher pressurised can, so you get a nice even layer. However the Halfords paint is just as good, and as long as the paint is thinly applied and given adequate time to dry between layers, it'll stand up well to the heat (if pooled it can bubble under heat).

Sorry to hear about the colour match issues. Ovni is such a difficult colour to match, because it's prone to heavy fade (as we both know). If I keep my car, I'll have to go down the route of a full respray to get it all matching perfectly. Been there with the colour match issue and it's a kick in the slats!

I had a coilpack go on me earlier in the year. Over the course of the 30 mile drive home from work it started off when I gave it a bit of poke and then progressively, even under part throttle, it became more pronounced until it ran completely rough, as if a cyclinder had gone. I replaced them with the Beru coilpacks from Eurocarparts. Think they were £27 and came highly recommended. If it's not a boost leak, fauly spark plug or throws up a fault code on the maf, it might be a ??coilpack that is slow in giving up?

Hope what ever it is gets sorted soon!

James :)

super_electric

Ps3 Tag: nixonoioi
Aug 20, 2007
North Yorkshire
Have you checked the DV? It could also be a coil pack starting to fail as the problem only seams to be there when the car is under max load (ie accelerating up hill)..

Try doing some logs going up hill and log for misfires. Just a thought mate.

I’ve not check the DV, but just about everything else with no fault codes, had a coil pack go before and was more of a judder, at the moment its hesitating but will have a look to night before picking the new MAF up Saturday morning cheers Damien.:)

super_electric

Aug 20, 2007
North Yorkshire
Hi Richard,

It's been a couple of months since I last logged on; sorry I missed your private message!

I see that the spraying has got well under way! The white has broken up the bay nicely! Yes, I used spray paint for the engine bay plastics. I used U-Pol Professional in matt black with a U-Pol lacquer. I like the U-Pol stuff because it's in a higher pressurised can, so you get a nice even layer. However the Halfords paint is just as good, and as long as the paint is thinly applied and given adequate time to dry between layers, it'll stand up well to the heat (if pooled it can bubble under heat).

Sorry to hear about the colour match issues. Ovni is such a difficult colour to match, because it's prone to heavy fade (as we both know). If I keep my car, I'll have to go down the route of a full respray to get it all matching perfectly. Been there with the colour match issue and it's a kick in the slats!

I had a coilpack go on me earlier in the year. Over the course of the 30 mile drive home from work it started off when I gave it a bit of poke and then progressively, even under part throttle, it became more pronounced until it ran completely rough, as if a cyclinder had gone. I replaced them with the Beru coilpacks from Eurocarparts. Think they were £27 and came highly recommended. If it's not a boost leak, fauly spark plug or throws up a fault code on the maf, it might be a ??coilpack that is slow in giving up?

Hope what ever it is gets sorted soon!

James :)

You mean to say you have a life outside this forum lol!!! Hope all is well with you and your car tho?? And yep just went for the Halfords stuff in the end with a base coat then a nice gloss and clear lacquer to finish it off did a few coats of each other the week and does not look to bad at all for my first go lol.:shrug:

Grrrrrrrr don’t get me started about the soooooo called sprayer total joke[:@] and just in the process of applying for a load to get it re-sprayed (full) again!! really is hard to find people who take pride in there work and not just about the money in this day and age.

Well there is one coil pack that’s about year older than the rest soooooo like Damien and you have said maybe its just starting to gooooo will pop my spare one into night and take it for a drive, could maybe just save my self form paying out on a new MAF….lets hope soooooooo cheers for your input tho its much appreciated[B)]

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Come to think of it, when mine went, I replaced all four but one was the wrong fitment. Whilst waiting for the fourth one to be delivered, it ran better than before but not as well as with all four changed; ever so slightly rough on idle and lumpy on the pick up.

Might even be worth disconnecting the battery for half an hour as you change the coilpack to do a full reset.

Fingers crossed for you buddy!

super_electric

Aug 20, 2007
North Yorkshire
Damien, James looks like you could be right..."coil pack"

Well on Friday the plan was to try each of the coil packs with the space one I had in my boot and would you believe the space “new” never used was dead, piss take just my luck at the moment [:@] lol soooooo took the risk and picked up my new MAF that was ordered in the week on Saturday and yep you guessed it still have the hesitating problem and wasted money on a new MAF for no reason :cry:, really starting so fall out with this car at the moment, sooooo new coil pack on order (one that works) and will pop each one out and try that….. Also looks like the battery is also starting to die had to jump it 3 times over the weekend but then again it’s been on there from 2003, just never rains but pours lol :(

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Shame it wasn't the MAF mate, but at least you have a new one now, so should be spritely. Where did you get it from? Bosch or aftermarket? Never replaced mine but probably could benefit from a new one at some point. Eurocarparts have good prices on batterys. Defo coilpack IMO. Give the spark plugs a clean and the coil plugs a good blow, just to make sure. Hope it's resolved sharpish mate :)

super_electric

Aug 20, 2007
North Yorkshire
HI james it was a Bosch one and also got the battery from eurocarparts lol.

New Maf

RichCarAug11006.jpg

RichCarAug11003.jpg

Fitted

RichCarAug11007.jpg

super_electric

Aug 20, 2007
North Yorkshire
well after cleaning and checking the....

1.throttle body

2.all boost (red THS) hoses

3.maf

4.dump valve

then had it checked on Vag-com noooooo faults!!

it turns out after checking each coil pack that it was number 4 the hesitation on full throttle has gone must have just stated to die and thats why showed no fault. so the car is running well again and put a new battery on to as this was also on its way out not bad tho its lasted 8years!!

old battery

02092011477.jpg

New battery

02092011478.jpg

super_electric

Aug 20, 2007
North Yorkshire
will bring it for sure, just little pissed off about the paint (embarrassing) untill i get the money sorted and get it back looking how it did before that **** got his hands on it!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise